Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Where are you from?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tumor
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

as of today I am in Berlin, Germany, but if things going well I will be in Derby, UK, soon! (for quite a while...)

Greez to the Island-Kingdom!
Back to top
Scorpia
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just for fun, try and prononce llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. No? Dont got to Wales then.[/quote]
I can pronounce this
Back to top
alphabravo
Major


Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Posts: 827
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorpia wrote:
Quote:
Hey, just for fun, try and prononce llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. No? Dont got to Wales then.

I can pronounce this
yeah - so can i
but you're not welsh to stay on topic
...
or at least you're not from Wales
_________________
Major alphabravo in the house Ashera
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Claudio
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 04:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

That "expression" reminds on some stories an old firend of mine told me, while he had to travel through Wales for business.... He comes from Manchester and had bad experiences with that pronounciation Smile

For germans it's absolutely unbelievable.... Wink
Back to top
alphabravo
Major


Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Posts: 827
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe
crazy asked me on icq what the HELL "wllll" sounds like ^^

i suppose the best explanation is something like the (german = uuuu [just like the sounds you make when trying to whistle inwards), ch from the german "ich" = or a soft ch should maybe like the english "hugch" if you dont fully pronounce the last 3 letters
then add an l to it Wink


sounds very much like Klingon ^^
_________________
Major alphabravo in the house Ashera
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Shadowmaster
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

alphabravo wrote:
hehe
crazy asked me on icq what the HELL "wllll" sounds like ^^

i suppose the best explanation is something like the (german = uuuu [just like the sounds you make when trying to whistle inwards), ch from the german "ich" = or a soft ch should maybe like the english "hugch" if you dont fully pronounce the last 3 letters
then add an l to it Wink


sounds very much like Klingon ^^




// \\
// \\
// \\
||
||
||

think that we have a trek"i ( big star trek fan) lol <-_->
Back to top
Neireh
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 03:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klingon?! o.O Shocked Dont' think so.. i would say the only right way to speak klingon is when you spit by trying to speak *G* It somehow sound like choke something and clearing your throat Wink
Back to top
alphabravo
Major


Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Posts: 827
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 05:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, i'm no trekkie ^^
but i do like it a little bit

actually welsh does sound a little like klingon

if you goto wales... take 2 umbrellas
=> 1 for the rain
=> the other for your face when talking to someone Wink
_________________
Major alphabravo in the house Ashera
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Neireh
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol really? never been to Wales, but i would like to visit Ireland or Scotland. Must have a beautiful nature and landscapes.
Back to top
Shadowmaster
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like star trek too...lol...im a sci fi addict...lol

never been to wales either...

been to ireland though...and kuwait, iraq, england, germany, flown over many other contries...too...thought id rub it in....lol...most of it was when i was in the army though, so wasnt very fun....lol
Back to top
NobleSteve
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to visit Cardiff alot... great nightlife.... 200mile trip for me tho.... so not one i do too often. Rest of Wales i tend to avoid
Back to top
Agnar
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where my folks live, it is still legal to shoot a welshman (only with ur longbow) if you see him comming across the border after dark.


Would be a weird defence in court though...

P.S. This is Shropshire we are talking about.
Back to top
alphabravo
Major


Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Posts: 827
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 05:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agnar wrote:
Where my folks live, it is still legal to shoot a welshman (only with ur longbow) if you see him comming across the border after dark.


Would be a weird defence in court though...

P.S. This is Shropshire we are talking about.
in parts of manchester it's the law that you HAVE to shoot a welshman with a longbow if you see him coming over the border Wink
_________________
Major alphabravo in the house Ashera
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Shadowmaster
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

alphabravo wrote:
Agnar wrote:
Where my folks live, it is still legal to shoot a welshman (only with ur longbow) if you see him comming across the border after dark.


Would be a weird defence in court though...

P.S. This is Shropshire we are talking about.
in parts of manchester it's the law that you HAVE to shoot a welshman with a longbow if you see him coming over the border Wink


now that is funny..does anyone carry a longbow? how can you tell if they are welsh? anyne been mistaken for a welsh and been shot with an arrow? i would have a blast there, until they threw me in prison...lol..no offence to the welsh, but the law is the law. lol Laughing
Back to top
mikeyp200
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

America! America! New York! the Empire State!

Its funny but about 250 years ago we were shooting the English right here in new york. Pretty close to west point to be exact. we didnt use the longbow however... that worked against the french. The kentucky rifle was a favorite. I am a history fan especially the american revolution. I am glad we are allies with the English so I do not want to come across as rude.. I have a few friends fighting in Iraq at the moment and im glad they are there with allies.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group