Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Topics on the marked and the economy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alteron

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 05:22    Post subject: Topics on the marked and the economy. Reply with quote

Hello,

Shouldn't there be a possibility to define the floor and roof of the transactions I make at the marked?
I mean, if I wish to buy a D6 engine I will of cource do it at the marked price, but if the marked prise is to high, my order should be cancelled.

One example:
I wish to buy 5000 titanium from the marked, but I am not willing to pay more than 10c for it. So the total cost is 50 000c. If the marked price goes up to 12c, my order is cancelled because I am not willing to pay the price.

Or if I wish to sell plasma at atleast 13c each, I place an order on the marked: 5000 plasma, suggested price 15c, floor at 13c. Again, if the price ends up at 12c, my order is cancelled because I think it is not worth selling at such prices.

This should make the marked more stable over time.
Alteron

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 05:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot:
What if I could leave a standing order on the marked? Much like the standing orders sending raw materials to my HP.

If I produce more titanium than I need, I will concider selling parts of my production on a daily basis.

So I have a daily sales order of 3000 titanium at a preset price, just like the way we do it today, only it repeats it selfe without me doing it!

And the 3rd suggestion:
Selling batches of a product. I have several times the message that my purchase/sales order could be only partially completed. What if I could have it stay on the marked until the entire batch is sold.

Ex.: I wish to sell 10 000 plasma at 10c each, and choose to sell the entire batch (even if it takes days). The first day 7 000 of the plasma is sold, the next day the price is too low to accomplish the sale, but in the 3rd day the remaining 3 000 is sold.

Shocked This was rather entustiastic of me. I think I will go have some more coffee... Laughing
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 03:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alteron,

regarding Price floors:

When you enter a bid, your entered price should be "your ceiling", the maximum price which you are willing to pay to purchase one unit of that good.
The broker will automatically execute, if the market price is below (or equal to) that ceiling.

Thatīs the way market prices are determined in a simple microeconomic model.

The "standing orders" would be a nice improvement, though (but quite awkward to implement Smile)

Bye,
Maelstroem
Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a dynamic live market, rather than one that is only updated once per day. You should be able to see cuffent offers for sale and bids to buy, with price and quantity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: