Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Declaration of war

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 02:17    Post subject: Declaration of war Reply with quote

Noble sovereigns of the universe,

today i would like to announce, that the house Hommel will no longer tolerate the provocations of the house Handuro. The house Handuro has interfered in the war in discrepancy of the NAT and granted the rulers of Zamonien sanctuary. This was done without consultation and recently after my request to offer shelter to rulers who did not want to live with Handuro was declined.

The house Hommel will make sure that the reign of terror of Merthos will come to an end. In the last Months uncounted cries for help have arrived me and the house Hommel. All from Handuro. I assure all those rulers, that they will stand full under the protection of the house Hommel and that they will be treated like members. I hope that this war, which wasn't easy to start for me, will claim as few victims as possible. For this reason i demand yoo Merthos to surrender termless and to spend your further life as small commander in exile

Tobi

Ruler over the worlds of the house Hommel

Our decision is standing firm, we will no longer watch the mischief deedles, and we will not compromise or discuss for hours our motives
Merthos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 02:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like I have to clarify some silly propaganda again.

At first the contract:
Code:
1. Each house member commits not to attack star systems or war planets of the other house.

2. If a house member leaves a house and might be a potential problem, the leader (or a substitute) has to inform the contractual partner.

3. This contract is not limited. It can be cancelled one-sided with a period of 15 days, starting 15 days after the contract conclusion.

4. The contract starts with the acknowledgment of both house leaders and is published in the house forum.

5. If a single house member breaks a rule of the contract, this house member is declared to be an outlaw. The marred party can demand reparation.

6. If a war planet moves unauthorised towards the territory of the other house the owner has to be warned including a copy to the house leader. If there is not noticeable reaction to the warning, the intrusion is considered as an attack and 5. applies.

7. If a contractual partner is in war with another house, the other contractual partner assures to not help the opponent of war in any form.

As you can see Hommel broke the contract as it clearly defines a period of 15 days. So much about the honor of Tobi.

Regarding Zamonien: There is no point in the contract that tells anything about war refugees. They joined my house (well, that's their own decision) and after that they are covered by the contract.

Regarding Rheinlaender (that's the trouble maker that did not want to join us): He was located at least 700 LY away from any system of Hommel on the other side of your house. It should be clear to anyone that I can't allow him to join Hommel. Or would you allow a merger of AcidStar and Handuro, Tobi?
Straker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 03:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Regarding Rheinlaender (that's the trouble maker that did not want to join us):

Nonsense Exclamation

The only fact that Rheinlaender donīt want to join Handuro doesnīt make him to a troublemaker. The only trouble comes from Handuro, that conquered Rheinlaenders planets and integrates all members of Rheinlaenders house.

May other rulors have mercy with you (but hope they donīt Rolling Eyes )
facerrider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 03:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way Hommel has attackted Handuro was not fair. If they think that the affair with Zamonien was against the NAP they should react directly with an ultimatum, a war or more civilized with negotiations.

I joined Handuro voluntary and Merthos is really a great and fair leader. This is the reason why he could build up such a big house. It is/was always possible to leave Handuro, the concerning sovereign only has to talk to Merthos.

Honor to whom honor is due! Merthos is a great leader.
ZayN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 04:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobi is a great rulor, too. cuz he built up such a big house, too. and he was very fair to everyone of us, who joined him. he helped everyone, who needed help and so his judge is decided.
Liam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 04:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

blanka wrote:
Tobi is a great rulor, too. cuz he built up such a big house, too. and he was very fair to everyone of us, who joined him. he helped everyone, who needed help and so his judge is decided.

Yes, and if you don't join him you will feel his ships.
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 05:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
7. If a contractual partner is in war with another house, the other contractual partner assures to not help the opponent of war in any form.

At the moment that Surst joined Handuro he was no longer the "opponent of war". He was a member of Handuro and so part of the NAT.

This action was not a NAT-Break or something like that.

Handuro didn't helped an opponent house.
Neireh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 05:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

think this case was only the last drop, ther were other thing before in this line. I have no choice and stand between the fronts, as an freely member of Hommel i will fight on their side. I'm sorry how things evolved, reminding on the long relationship with Handuro, maybe thing have changed and some of the storys i was told were really true. The first that dies in a war is the Truth. May the elements have mercy with all of us.
schaeftlarn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quite a lot of things to comment on the recent actions of Hommel and in particular Tobi, but I will for now only highlight one issue: Tobi broke a NAT and this is as clear as it can be.

I sincerely hope that all people will always remember how much they can trust and rely on him...
Ayatollah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 06:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even worst are the reasons why Tobi broke the NAT.
Only 2 days after the declearation of war Tobi splits up the entire house Handuro. This can only mean two things:

*Tobi saw the chance to split Handuro and didnt care about the NAT
*Tobi prepared this NAT-breaking for a long long time

Either way it seems to be sure that nobody can trust any contracs with Hommel from now on. And no, this NAT-breaking cant be justified. No matter what Handuro did - there was a 15 days cancelling period! And there are always "reasons" to declear war or get rid of a NAT - but non of these reasons justify the breaking of a NAT.

Just the two credits from a small imperator at the border of house Hommel Wink
Merthos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Lords and Ladies,

as you can see in the GN the house Handuro did fall today. There are many reasons for this and I don't want to list them here. But be assured that Hommel's "power" was only a small point at the end of the list.

I'd like to thank all former members of Handuro for their support so far. We had a lot of fun and created something worth to remember. But it will not be the end. Twisted Evil

Merthos, Lord of the house Handuro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor RPG All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: