Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Formation of a Federation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paveyj

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 06:40    Post subject: Formation of a Federation Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone has suggested this before, tho i know it has been hinted. I think it would be worth considering creating a Federation Council (or something with a similar name) to control the unreasonable wars that break out all the time.

The reason i think a United Nations-based Federation should be created is that new players (or newbies as many people call them) are finding it difficult to establish themselves in a game where the powerful houses are stealing their solar systems instead of offering integration, which is what most people would gladly accept.

Obviously such a council would be useless without some kind interstellar force for peace, one which can be deployed to hot spots quickly. This is the barrier which prevents such an organisation from being created, but i think it could be bypassed somehow, perhaps once the Federation is created we could appoint regional guardians or something. I have not yet figured out any specific guidlines for the Federation, tho i doubt it should be up to me anyway, id like to know what you fellas think first.
Alteron

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure,
I rather think the houseleaders should have the means to sanction their own housemembers. This would be a incentive and a punishment for the players to play by the rules set by the individual houses.

This way, a set of enforcable laws can develop over time.

My suggestion...
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Obviously such a council would be useless without some kind interstellar force for peace, one which can be deployed to hot spots quickly.

Indeed. The question ist, who should control this fleet? Normal players? Who will prevent abuse? If the player or friends of this player gets attacked this force could fight for him even if there is a reason.

Or should this fleet controlled by Maelstroem? I don't know if he has time for this, and even if, he can discipline players in other ways/without stand fleet. And who should decide if something was unreasonable? Because Maelstroem founded a council to help him finding the right penalty for breaking the rules in the german version, i don't think he has time for this.So we would need such a council here, too. But there will be many arguments about the results...
Qillan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Indeed. The question ist, who should control this fleet?

And who pays? One would assume that the people who have powerful fleets would supply the ships, but why would they want to? They could enforce such rules now, if they wanted to.

If you want to stop planet grabbing, the only option I see is to limit the number of planets a player can control. Maybe based on rank.
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 04:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qilian,

there already is a "soft limit" on these planets: star redistribution tax.

But Im open to things like "newbie protection" or something like this.

By the way, star redistribution tax also helps newbies build up a fleet faster if the game is more developed.

Bye,
Maelstroem
Gozer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maelstroem, I like the current system. My suggestion was just an alternative to what I saw as a worse idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: