Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Ship attack
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
e1567

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 16:15    Post subject: Ship attack Reply with quote

Can a ship attack a warplanet that is in orbit over a planet?

Mod: Topic changed
proxynick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

The only way a ship can be involved in an attack on a WP that is orbiting a planet is when a WP it is orbiting makes the attack.
Walker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

the answer is not 100% correct

a wp has to be in the orbit of a planet that is not neutral for being protected
vadi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 09:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if a WP is in the middle of space ships can within radius can attack it too, right?
Ancient

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the planet your wp is orbiting can not be attacked by the enemy while you are orbiting it?
Liam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 08:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it can be attacked, but only by wp, as normal.
Ancient

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when the planet is attacked by the enemy wp, the wp getting protection orbiting the planet can then be attacked when the planet has been captured by the enemy wp?.
Does this happen after the planet has been captured on the same turn? But then the enemy wp could not targeted the protected wp before the capture of the planet?
Or does the fact that both WPs occupy the same space cause both wp to attack each other automatically with out having to set the way points or send ships at the WPs?
Or can only be attacked the next turn after the planet has been captured the turn before?
Which makes more sence as the wp that was protected before can then be targeted?
This is important to know if the protected wp is waiting for jump drive to activate and has no other planet to go too with in 60 LY.
michimike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protection: ships > warplanet > solar system
First all ships are fighting each other, then the winner attacks the enemy warplanet and then the aggressor tries to conquer the planet (if he was the winner).
Ancient

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

michimike wrote:
Protection: ships > warplanet > solar system
First all ships are fighting each other, then the winner attacks the enemy warplanet and then the aggressor tries to conquer the planet (if he was the winner).

Michimike
That does not really explain and answer my questions or I don't understand the way you put it?
But thanks for trying to answer my questions.

Let me put it in a different way.
you are orbiting a solar system that you own with with 1 turn left until you can make a jump there are no solar systems with in a 60LY range to move too.
a wp with many H10s on it that is very much stronger than you are and has jumped with in 59 LY away (and arrived that day) from the solar system you are orbiting.
If you move from the planet 60 LY into open space you will most likely be targeted and integrated as you would be with in the 120 LY range of the H10s.
So the questions are these A or B

A) If the wp that jumped near to the solar system you are orbiting and attacks and conquers the solar system you are orbiting which would happen the next day would you be integrated the that day as well?

B) Or would it be the day after the solar system is attacked and conquered that the enemys wp can then attack your wp and integrate you?

If B is the case then could you set the jump the day the enemy wp attacks and conquers the solar system as your jump drive is then active and make the escape 150 LY away and out of the 120 LY range of the H10s?

Last edited by Ancient on Sat Oct 21, 2006 20:36; edited 4 times in total
Nikoy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The Solar System AND your WP will be targeted and conquered/integrated the same turn.
Ancient

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you nikoy that helps with planning in advance Rolling Eyes

Just to check that I have this also correct.
In this situation I have mentioned above if there are neutral solar systems within 60 LY of the solar system you are orbiting then if you have at lest 100 house members on your wp then you can move your wp to a neutral solar system making it yours due to house members and then jump out of range of the wp attacking the solar system you where on.
I presume the same would apply to moving to a solar system of your own house thats with in a 60 LY range and also could do it by attacking and conquering any other solar system with in a 60 LY range.
As long as the enemy does not make an inspired guess and also move to the same solar system you move to if it is in a 60 ly range of him too easy to do if there is just 1 solar system there but if a few harder to guess if the enemy knows when your next jump is.
michimike

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 05:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my answer refers to one turn, so in the same turn your ships are destroyed, your warplanet is conquered and your solar system is conquered.

And yes, you are right now: if you move to a solar system of your house OR if you colonize a new neutral system, which is not in 60-LY-range of the attacking warplanet, then you are save and can use your jumpdrive the next day.
Ancient

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 07:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you michimike Smile
Nikoy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's perfectly true. What about if you don't have 100 hm left and you still move to neutral system not in the range of the attacker's WP? Won't you be safe there? I guess yes, or?
Ancient

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take a guess,
The neutral solar system could be out of range of the enemy WP 60LY travel but your wp going to it and orbiting would not be out of range of the H10 ships on the enemy wp, so it would be the same as moving into open space you would get integrated as you would not be out of the 120LY range of the H10s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: