Carboneater

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip...

this may be pretty useful.

carboneater
JackONeill

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 01:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you find this useful...

... there are million of "useful" things you still have to learn... Twisted Evil

SCNR
Gozer

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 09:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about misnumbering your ships(number 5 ships "1", the next 5 "2", etc.), so it apears you have less than you do, in order to trick a weaker imperator into attacking?
michimike

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on how strong you are, how strong your enemies are and what you intend to do Wink
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gozer wrote:
How about misnumbering your ships(number 5 ships "1", the next 5 "2", etc.), so it apears you have less than you do, in order to trick a weaker imperator into attacking?
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War
Tyr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 09:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ships are named by gods and godesses of Mythology, i would say the german Mythology but i don't know what is "germanisch" in english.. might germanic?

prename: ASF-"classname", for example: h1=ASF-Dagr

h1=Dagr
h2=widar
h3=Wali
h4=ullr
h5=heimdall
h6=midgard
h7=Loki
h8=Fenrir
h9=Njörd
h10=Thor (no, not the one from kesh ^^)
h11=odin

maybe in future i integrate a few new names, like Member names or names of neighbuorhouses or planetnames Wink
Agnar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I beleive the term would be "germanic". I wonder if i am getting confused, or have a simplified view of things, but i thought the gods you listed were from the "Norse" pantheon.

Loki is my personal favourite...
Alteron

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, correct term is Norse in this case. The pantheon stretches around the Baltic sea: Denmark, (Finland,) Germany, Norway, Sweden.

It also travelled with the norsemen into Russia and England/Scotland/Ireland, but perhaps without leaving much of a trase.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i am aware the generic term for the gods of norse, saxonic, german, scandinavian etc which all have the same or similar "norse" god mythology etc is "germanic" and that norse is just a form of the genre in a certain place at a certain time - but the most famous of the germanic mythology stories
Claudio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between germanic and norse (and other pantheons like that) are mainly in the spelling... (says my textbook of "Germanische Götter- und Heldensagen")

e.g. Odin (king of victory) is the norse spelling, Wotan is the same figure only in germanic ancient stories. Same as Thor-Donar. THor is norse spelling, Donar germanic.

So, Tyr your spellings pinpoint to the norse mythology...
Tyr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I choice the names how good the sound is,of course that is an personal sound
I am no fanatic believer Rolling Eyes

I did never know that wotan and odin are the same. I only know that tyr was before the might of odin got too strongh (begin of odin-cult)

May i should start a thread which name do you want for which ship? Nice idea, right?
Some leaders and imperators decide the names of a strange house..
Nice surrounding condition for a wargame Cool
Tyr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

The names of Russia and the russian comes from a part of the vikings alled RUS. That is one of the both reasons why the russians are Slavic with blonde hairs and blue eyes... and the finnish people too.
So the skandinavien people, like Alterons ancestors Wink brought the name into "Easteurope" a little influence but a lasting Exclamation
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Norse or Scandinavian mythology comprises the pre-Christian religion, beliefs and legends of the Scandinavian people, including those who settled on Iceland, where the written sources for Norse mythology were assembled.

It is the best-preserved version of the older common Germanic mythology, which also includes the closely related Anglo-Saxon mythology. Germanic mythology, in its turn, had evolved from an earlier Indo-European mythology.

so, there we have it, the story on germanic / norse / nordic

it's very interesting if you look at the names of days around the world:
with the exception of german, all the languages i know of refer to the god of war for tuesday (well... in the european/mediterranean areas anyway)

Tuesday = Tue's day Tue = Tiw = Tiu = Ty = Tio = Tig = Týr = Ziu = Zio = Tyr and maybe ever Tuisto

Mardi etc Mars
i believe in greece the name stems from Ares, and even egyptian follows
Nikoy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyr wrote:
The names of Russia and the russian comes from a part of the vikings alled RUS. That is one of the both reasons why the russians are Slavic with blonde hairs and blue eyes... and the finnish people too.
So the skandinavien people, like Alterons ancestors Wink brought the name into "Easteurope" a little influence but a lasting Exclamation

Hmm... I didn't get that?
Most of the slavic people are blond, not only Russians - only the southern slavs are darker.
Tyr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most people of easteuropean countries have dark hair, somewhere i saw statistics ( i belive in a female magazine ..) Laughing
Sure they also have many blondes, north=blond south=dark, that's almost normal in the world. I believe in Germany you can see that people from Jugoslavia, Bulgaria, Czechia,Slovakia have more "darks than blondes";Two of my russian friends are blond;
But i don't know enough about this and i am not completly sure Confused

But the name "Russia" comes from the Rus', the vikings, so they brought a special influence to foreign countries. Wink

Back to Topic.

h11=ASF-Odin-"member of Asgard"
h10=ASF-Thor-"neighbourhouse"
h9=ASF-Njörd-"Names of players"
h80ASF-Fenrir-"Names of planets"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: