Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Resources

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kosmor Forum Index -> Questions and Answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NobleSteve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 09:07    Post subject: Resources Reply with quote

Im a player who currently relies more on my sales of materials on the marketplace to fund my expansion but recently some other players keep dumping low cost materials on the market devaluing in and in some cases must be stuggling to break even with what they sell, plasma and titanium are the best examples.

Anyone know who's doing this... or is it just newbies?

i just feel some people need to know that past sales trends can be seen in the marketplace and that they are missing out on an easy supply of credits for newer less advanced players by selling this low

eg. titanium 10 credits!!!! it normally goes for 25-30

anyone else getting this problem or is it just me?
Merthos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 09:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's just a regular market - offer and demand will determine the price. And yes, like in the real world there are highs and lows from time to time, so nothing to complain about.
e1567

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 09:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that would be me i sold 70,000 titanium for 10 credits but i needed a source for some quick cash i was hoping it would of gone up but to no avail.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing that has happened to me alot on the market place, had been with the price difference..i hate when it tells me that i wasnt the one with the higher willingness to pay for the product when my price was higher than what it went for to someone else...sometimes i wish that there was a set price on everything...something needs to be done about this i think...it gets very anoying sometimes...anyone else agree?
Merthos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, the market system is fine. If you need something that badly just bid high enough.
NobleSteve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair enough, didnt really mean to complain as such, just kept getting surprised that the market slumped so much. no matter theres always tommorrow Very Happy
Gozer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 00:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at people selling too low as an opportunity, not a problem. Buy at 10 today, and sell at 30 in a day or two. Wink
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

if people wanna sell something urgently for about 20, they can put it on at 1
the people who wanna buy it urgently buy at 40, overall price works out at 20, and they are much more likely to sell and buy than if at 20
the problem happens when the supply and demand arent balanced, so noone puts anything on at 1cr and noone buys at 2x price
if all the buyers bid for 20, then someone with 21 only pays 11 - price drops
if all sellers are at 20, the someone with 19 gets 30 - price rises

all marketplaces are unpredictable, unless you have all the supply or demand and the other is large - eg i wanna sell and noone else sells, i sell at 39 and the buyers at 40 get a bad price Wink then the price shows next day as 40, and 1 of 3 things happen:
everyone sells and the price drops
everyone sells, but it doesnt sell - goes back to normal(ish)
buyers take 40 as the base price and bid upto 60 - and the price keeps rising - like in .de when plasma reached 100... but demand must exceed supply unless some people REALLY need plasma quick

just a quick summary
PS keep marketplace system as it is
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 02:14    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

I'm really, really sorry for I am to blame I didn't know how much they were worth so guessed at 10. Sorry Embarassed Embarassed
NobleSteve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 09:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

this has gone way off track now, i like the system i was more interested in checking universal understanding especially among newbies. so keep the system, i use it well most of the time
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kosmor Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: