Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Spam Forum

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 15:06    Post subject: Spam Forum Reply with quote

Recently there has been a rise in Spam levels, I think that the spam forum on .de should be implemented here. This would be fun, harm no-one and reduce spam Cool
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it will/would be like this:

The spam in the spam forum will raise above the current level, and the spam in the non spam forums will stay mostly the same.

The .de forum is the best example for this.
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 08:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you are wrong, the only Spam that I see is from my friends talking to each other, if this was in a spam forum then there would be no normal spam
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 09:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would spam in an other forum, in a spam forum, if there would be one, why do you not use a non-kosmor related forum? You can register your own forum for free, or post in an other forum, which has an spam forum?

Perhaps because you do not only want to spam (why?), rather than to spam in a certain place?

And if there would be a spam forum, there would be more spam in it because nobody can say "hey, this spam is disturbing" or discipline you for spamming to much.
paveyj

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and then you and your mates wont keep annoying the rest of us, some of whom, given the chance, will not treat your WP very well upon encounter
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you blame me for trying to reduce spam, I do not try to spam, I just talk to my friends who i otherwise wouldn't speak to. This is not intended to be spam, just friendly talk, I don't know alot about internet etiquet, but I mean no harm. I was just wondering why .de does have a non-kosmor related forum and this doesn't. Please don't take offence
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it is not intended to be spam, but it is spam. You can talk with your friends with an instant messanger like icq, through chat (irc) or email. You can even call them by phone if they are good friends. Or you could meet in real life if you live near to each other. If not - bad luck, but no excuse for spamming.

And nobody blames you for trying to reduce spam. If you are blamed for something, then for spamming.

And .de has a spam forum because .de is bigger, so more need for, because everything new will be tested in .de before definitely build in. This is resulting out of the history of kosmor. If it is good, and there is a need for in .com, it will be build in in .com, too.
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is one point I disagree with:

At least I think, that I do not encounter as much spam in the regular kosmor.de forums as before. I think a spam forum CAN help to prevent spam elsewhere.
BUT: The user and post count in kosmor.com is still quite low, and I don't see an urgent need for this.

Bye,
Maelstroem
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but there is there are far more spam posts than there are normal ones
paveyj

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

THATS YOUR FCUKING FAULT, SO HERES A BETTER IDEA: SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, whose house is it whose spamming up MY thread, set your house in order first, its got my name on it but its YOUR spam!

PS. @Merthos, how come you lock my forums and gave fern a mod warning for insults when he swears at me and gets away with it, if what he wrote isn't SPAM then what is?!
Merthos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maelstroem has spoken. Wink
Closed.

Thrawn, I don't think that I have to or will explain myself here. It's my decision and if you don't like it, you're free to either leave or try to resolve this with me via IGMs or talk to Maelstroem (but I think he got better things to do with his time). But for now stop bringing the same things up again and again on every unfitting place.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: