Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Mutinous ships gathering as plundering pirate fleets !!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgeana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 15:35    Post subject: Mutinous ships gathering as plundering pirate fleets !!!! Reply with quote

Mutinous ships gathering as plundering pirate fleets !!!!

This is a unconfirmed rumors of course (you can find out about this in one of the last News). But there are no smoke without fire Wink

I find this a GREAT ideea !! Imagine that all over the galaxy there are pirate fleets that atack everyone with no exception !!
It will be good for your ships's morale, they will gain moreale points.
And all this rambeling ships to gather in big "armadas" and even to force the big houses to join powers to fight them and hunt them down.
Of cours it is difficult from the program administrator of this site, becouse this pirates should have a mind of their own to gather and to atack anyone in their reach.

P.S. I think that this is not "Suggestions for improvement" issue. My opinion is is just small talk. But I guess I will find it out soon Smile)
e1567

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was just a rumor in .de and that would take lots of programing I do not see that happening in the near future. The A.I. would have to be very good. But when i heard of it i thought it would be cool but......
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 06:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be cool, until you get attacked by them at the wrong time...
Gozer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 08:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

e1567 wrote:
The A.I. would have to be very good. But when i heard of it i thought it would be cool but......

They could be stupid pirates.
1 Enemy in range: if weaker(estimate) attack, else run away.
2 Enemy not in range, set course for nearest "pirate haven", or other pirate ships, whichever is closer.

Designate some unoccupied planets as "pirate havens", where they gather. Use the WP movement rules, so small ships can travel without WPs.

If you wanted to allow planet or shipping raiding, that would be a bit more complicated.
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could be "Guided"by Maelstrom
e1567

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admiral_Thrawn wrote:
They could be "Guided"by Maelstrom

well i think that would be a bust he is busy enough with the servers and upgrades to mess with that.

Gozer wrote:

They could be stupid pirates.
1 Enemy in range: if weaker(estimate) attack, else run away.
2 Enemy not in range, set course for nearest "pirate haven", or other pirate ships, whichever is closer.

Designate some unoccupied planets as "pirate havens", where they gather. Use the WP movement rules, so small ships can travel without WPs.

If you wanted to allow planet or shipping raiding, that would be a bit more complicated.

But I do not know how much programing you know. But those "simple suggestions" are actually still very complicated to do. It is hard to explain but if you talk to a mod I am sure they will concure.
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, very true fair enough, get somone to do it maybe?
Gozer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

e1567 wrote:
But I do not know how much programing you know. But those "simple suggestions" are actually still very complicated to do.

I know Pascal, FORTRAN, C, Java, SQL, COBOL, ECL(Unisys version of JCL), and CDML(Unisys mainframe DB language. Between programming and analysis, about 7 years of professional experience. Also toyed around some with Unix and VB script.

My view of "simple" may be a bit skewed, since I estimate time under the assumption of using full-time developers.
Meowakin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'd like you all to consider another problem with the idea. What about newbies?
It's taken me several days or so to get near completing my first ship (then again, I'm trying to make it decent, H4 w/ 3 L4's, 2 T5's, and undecided shield, but that'll prolly be 5-6), and have little or no defense at such at earlier time.
I suspect this would encourage many newbies to leave if they get screwed over by pirates, so I doubt it would be so simple a matter.
Gozer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meowakin wrote:
Okay, I'd like you all to consider another problem with the idea. What about newbies?

That had occurred to me. How about stupid, yet considerate, pirates? No attacks on players until they they achieve a certain population or number of planets?
dgeana

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess they can just atack anyone in range. Just crusing without taking planets, or atacking only the ships on that planet.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meowakin wrote:
It's taken me several days or so to get near completing my first ship (then again, I'm trying to make it decent, H4 w/ 3 L4's, 2 T5's, and undecided shield, but that'll prolly be 5-6), and have little or no defense at such at earlier time.
you're much better off building only h4s with 3L6 + 2D6 + 2T6 + 1S6
anything else is a waste of money, as you are paying upkeep for a poorer ship

you should let your population grow with a low (preferably 0) tax rate, and rely off star redistribution income

build some mines (plasma or titanium will sell for a profit [you might prefer to use the resources later])
but factories arent advised necessarily... but ok if you can afford them with 0 tax

if it was me, i would build h3s, as they have torpedoes, and will kill an enemy WP or planet if it doesnt have ships on. lower upkeep than h4, and lower [cheaper] construction costs / factory upkeep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: