Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Getting started/Making Credits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fang

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 19:59    Post subject: Getting started/Making Credits Reply with quote

Right, this is how i see it:

To make money at the beginning, i need to build some mines. I've built 2 Energirium mines and my productivity is 6, so does this mean i make 12 energerium a turn? When i have made this, do i then sell some to the marketplace to make some credits and so on until i can buy more mines and then factories, etc ?

Im playing it cautious at the moment Cool just until i get into the swing of things Smile

I've read the help thread and most of the other threads in this section but any little tips would be greatfully appreciated Wink

Thanks in advance...
Walker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 03:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes 12 mines give you 12 energium

you better build plasma mines on your homeplanet because it's worth more on the marketplace

oh and you shouldn't sell it you will get enough money via the star redistribution tax
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 03:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

A better tatic is to build no factories, just plasma mines, and then make LOADS of money by selling it, then you can buy the componets you need of the market rather than building them, faster and cheaper Very Happy
Fang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 06:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admiral_Thrawn wrote:
A better tatic is to build no factories, just plasma mines, and then make LOADS of money by selling it, then you can buy the componets you need of the market rather than building them, faster and cheaper Very Happy

Thanks man

Walker wrote:
yes 12 mines give you 12 energium

you better build plasma mines on your homeplanet because it's worth more on the marketplace

oh and you shouldn't sell it you will get enough money via the star redistribution tax

Ah rite i think i get it now Rolling Eyes Better get some plasma then, thanks for the tip Wink
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 07:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Factories are useless unless you are a pro - they are boring to build from and cost a lot to upkeep, that is my tatic on .de, and it works, I've been playing for 5 days and alreay am a major, leading my own house with H4s
Gozer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admiral_Thrawn wrote:
Factories are useless unless you are a pro - they are boring to build from and cost a lot to upkeep, that is my tatic on .de, and it works, I've been playing for 5 days and alreay am a major, leading my own house with H4s

But, do they cost more in upkeep than the cost of buying from the markets? Buying from the market is good short-term, but using factories is better long-term, except for shield emitters, maybe. You need a level 8 machinery factory for them , but you don't use anything higher than level 3 for anything else.
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how much you need to build, I find it cheaper to do it my way as I can stop buying if I don't need anything for say 10 days, but I can't stop paying my factories, without destroying them
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

aalways try to leeve ships on your HP, so that your not defencless when your WP isnt neer by..

Last edited by Shadowmaster on Wed Mar 23, 2005 19:37; edited 1 time in total
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

another tip is to keep the taxes low, like 2 or 3, on your solar systems so that your population grows faster, and you will make more money in the long run....
Agnar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your factories should NEVER sit idle for 10 days!!

Always keep them building something, even if you dont need it. Often the profits from one off day can pay for the upkeep of the factories for a long time. Even then, they shouldnt be producing goods for profit very often. Set the levels right for your long term needs, just keep them active.

It doesnt take very long for this to become, by far, the cheaper option.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 07:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

in .com i have specialized my factories to keep the upkeep lower, yet to still build a lot
in .de my factories are exactly proportioned for building complete ships to within 5%
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 09:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why keep building, the amount you can built just stores up?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: