Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Problem Building H4 ships

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kosmor Forum Index -> Bug-Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phobis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 05:39    Post subject: Problem Building H4 ships Reply with quote

I am new to the game but have buit a few ships. Not being a pro-user, the manual says H4 is the biggest hull I can build. I built a few level 6 componets with plans of fully outfiting the H4 hull I have in stock.

The problem is when I go to the shipsyard, only my H1 and H3 hulls are offered to work with. The H4 is also in stock on the planet and the shipyard is maxed at level 4, but it is not offered from the pull down menu on which hull to work on.

Now I am building H3 hulls with Level5 weapons, but have wasted much time and resources trying to build the most powerful ships a non-prousers can make.
Merthos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 05:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kosmor.com/forum_int/viewtopic.php?t=4430

Most likely you're missing the second drive.
Phobis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 07:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct, I did not have a second drive. Thanks much for the quick help.

I must ask, how is a player to know a second drive is needed? The only place I have seen where the number of available slots on the hull for each ship componets is displayed on the shipyard screen but it is only visable AFTER selecting the hull. In scanning the manual again, number of drives required, laser slots available, torpedo slots available, or shield slots available could not be found in the section on 1) shipbuilding, 2) shipyards, or 3) technical datasheet.

I think a good addition to the technical datasheet would be a break down of what each hull size has slots for.
Merthos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 07:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

see Lexicon - Components
Liam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I have to agree with Phobis. A lot of new players have problems with the second drive. Maybe the help should be fixed.
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, maybe we should have a big sighn saying

Quote:
Welcome to Kosmor, have you forgotten to bring your second drive?

lol
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol...when i first started, the second drive thing mested me up too.....i agree that there should be an easier way to check the technical data...
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, Did anyone not have this problem
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kosmor Forum Index -> Bug-Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: