Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Standing orders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fern

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 04:04    Post subject: Standing orders Reply with quote

Mod: This is from Market prices.

i always go for market now because producing is so slow.
I cnat understand why people bother to produce for me and them..ah well
I asked mael to automize it, but he said it would be technicallt difficult
Templar_scum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 07:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Automisation mans you can't choose what you want and that the thing that sets this game apart is gone, if you can be bothered it is cheaper, if not then you have to pay, fair enough
Alteron

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 03:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the automisation of the factories is to hard to implement. That's fair enough. You can allways edit the link in the address-field of your browser... Wink Have it produce 50 comp's instead of 10 (the last number in the link).

There is one form of automatisation I would really like to see though; Standing orders on the market.

What I am looking for is the possibility to, much like the standing orders on my planets (outgoing raw materials), create a standing sales-/purchase-order on the market. The idea is to have an order of selling a (max) fixed amount of goods (ex: e2) every turn at a price set my me. Or perhaps a lot-order, trying to sell a given amount (ex: 2000) of e2 at a set price (if some goods are not sold, the remains will be offered again the next day).

Going through the market today takes lots of time and effort, and I do believe that this will make it easier and more efficient.
Agnar

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 05:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heartilly agree, i would love to have standing orders to buy at lower than my production costs, any time the price comes down. It is a chore to go through and do so for each item just *hoping* that this week will be the week. I dont mind the hoping, its the re-trying every turn, on every item that is a pain.

should we move this post to suggestions for improvement?
Gozer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 08:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standing orders would be good, assuming they were limited. If not, I could place a standing order for
500,000 plasma @ 1cr
200,000 plasma @ 2cr
150,000 ...
etc.,
and repeat for every item.

If everyone did that, processing time could be significant, and it would be much harder to do well in the market.
Alteron

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gozer wrote:
Standing orders would be good, assuming they were limited. If not, I could place a standing order for
500,000 plasma @ 1cr
200,000 plasma @ 2cr
150,000 ...
etc.,
and repeat for every item.

If everyone did that, processing time could be significant, and it would be much harder to do well in the market.

True. I suppose one should be able to put one sales order and one purchase order on the market per item. (One sales-tab and one purchases-tab should do the trick.)
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

there could be a way to create a standing order by playing with the URLs although i dont know if maeli would allow it?

ie get the URL required to buy x amount of y and set a cron job, or just a simple batch script to run the urls -- registering the buy / sell daily

if this is allowed, and someone wants more infos - let me know and i will "rent" my ideas for a small sum Cool
Merthos

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 00:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maelstroem said in .de that reading data is allowed but changing something is a bot and not allowed.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 08:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merthos wrote:
Maelstroem said in .de that reading data is allowed but changing something is a bot and not allowed.
what's the difference between this and using the ordinary URLs?

Quote:
I asked mael to automize it, but he said it would be technicallt difficult

this does rather sound more like a technical problem, not an ethical problem...
but i post anything unless maeli says yes
Merthos

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

alphabravo wrote:

That you're a human (at least I think so *gg*) so it takes time and everybody else has the same chance to do so.

But I doubt that everybody has the knowlage or the infrastructure needed to run a cron job. Therefor you have an unfair advantage compared to others.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merthos wrote:
alphabravo wrote:

That you're a human (at least I think so *gg*) so it takes time and everybody else has the same chance to do so.

But I doubt that everybody has the knowlage or the infrastructure needed to run a cron job. Therefor you have an unfair advantage compared to others.

if it were me i would simply make a batch script to wget the URLs... but cron could be an option to some i suppose

anyway :o)
if one is not allowed, can we have the other? :)
Agnar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any chance of getting this implemented? As a regular trader, I would very much love to see it happen. I understand that selling multiple times on each item would add tremendous amounts of load to the processor, but if only one prchase and one sales stading order were alowed per item...... ?

It would certainly help to regulate the market prices if such standing orders were implimented.

Also, i might add another suggestion:

If there are no sales on the market in a turn, could the price be adjusted appropriatly to supply/demand?

e.g. L5s are currently priced at 27500. There were 50 offers of sale, and 10 offers of purchase, but no agreed price and sale this turn. This means that no buyer offered enough to meet the minimum price set by the sellers.

If the 'current' price is above what the sellers are willing to sell at, the 'current' price could come down some (even though there were no actual sales). If, on the other hand, sellers are all selling at higher than the 'current' price, the current price could go up to meet this minimum price set by the sellers. (I hope that all makes sense)

I realise this needs a little working out. It is late and perhaps i am missing some point, but it seems like a good idea. I am sure many people often offer prices around the current market value, and if the price changed to reflect the trends of recent offers it might encourage more trading, rather than the current system where folk may get put off by the huge price of some freak sales many turns ago, such that nothing gets sold for many turn afterwards.

It would obviously only apply when there are zero sales for a particular item on the marketplace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: