Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

History of kosmor.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fern

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 13:55    Post subject: History of kosmor.com Reply with quote

WHat happened at the start?
I know everyone had to leave Centaurus , but since then?
Since I started , all thats happened is that Klapauzius had an internal revolution, DSK have died, completed today, and OOT are drawing closer and closer to Kesh....
Merthos

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

The members of the high council were the initial settlement points.

Afterwards there were some fights between these houses. I had some fun with Caleb and than with Eric. After some time Handuro and Hommel became the biggest houses (~500.000 each) covering ~70% of the known universe.

Than Hommel broke the NAT and attacked us (well, there was no other target around). Because Handuro had some internal problems (I didn't have enough time back than; my "deputy" was leaving the game; bad hierarchy with important nodes directly on the border) I decided to not fight back and Handuro joined Hommel without bigger loss (and against the will of Hommel Razz).

This left us with one big house that collapsed after some weeks because of internal problems. Tobi made some bad moves and everybody turned against him. After the collapse the now known houses emerged (again).

Last edited by Merthos on Wed May 18, 2005 05:37; edited 1 time in total
Neireh

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 03:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm very short view over the history Wink

maybe like a short from my side

Beeing a house that always has been between two or three bigger neighbours it wasn`t easy for us to grow and defending our place in the universe. With the luck of getting some good treatys and other emperors having enough other things to handle we were skirmissing long time with Kanaani... Handuro was getting bigger and bigger and we one day realize that they half surounded us already... and in the north there were Hommel and an other bigger house... in the east were our archenemys from Kanaani. We see that Hommel will stay in short time at our own doorstep... So we had the only choice left for the better of the house to choose between Handuro or Hommel. (with hindsight i would say we better would have joined Handuro...)
I knew Hommel has an NAT treaty with them and the Leader of Hommel ever since was interested in getting me in his house and made a interesting offer and i thought that this bigger house maybe could help against our archenemys... Handuro never really did, they only gave us good luck wishes..
But surprise shortly after we joined Hommel the Leader of Kanaani himself joined Hommel , too. (i think he was aware of this threat for his house as he see that we joined Hommel)
It`s getting only better (this is meant ironic) as Hommel decided to attack Handuro... I may should have contacted Merthos earlier... The first that dies in an war is the truth... i have made a try for diplomacy but had no support... i frustratet gave up and hoped not to get lost in this war. Eventually i had a long border to Handuro an have my own sorrows... but lucky i must admit that we weren`t getting attacked from Handuro and we don`t attack them.
Hommel has made it that a long and good relationship to Handuro was endet in war and my fear was that my people would get into the frontiers..
This war was inside and outside the house and our relations to the house leader were getting worser, too...

But not all was bad... funnily enough we and the Leader of Kanaani discovered that we weren`t so different and never had taken my offer seriously that day he got barely guardet in our territory... Should it be that all was only a big mistake ?
As things weren`t getting better Reacor and Kanaani were making plans for independancy and peace between their houses and the anti-hommel fractions in their neighbourhood.
Hommel politics were never really our way so we left Hommel short before the breakdown. That reighn was short and the career rapid to the tops.. but so fast the become bigger they break down.

Universe is a strange place... we were now allied with our archenemy and have something like hmm what relations do we have with Handuro?... Actually i would say we don`t have something in that way... they go their way and we go our ways.. we managed it through the chaotic times and had some time of peace and rest.

Till the day a emperor from DSK showed up at our borders, taking planets and won`t stop with untill we have some bigger arguments on our side as we tried to convince him with words to stop that. Wink Shortly after there were a big battle in which a big part of our fleet was destroyed but we captured that intruder.
Time showed us that this wasn`t over yet when Darkfyre decided to attack some planets from us. First it seems we could convince him to stop that and join Reacor as he saw what we had done with Salami, but then changed his mind after he already agreed with my offer.

yes and this how the great war begun... ^^ Wink We build up fleet, searching for allys and collect every information that we could get about our new enemy... and as if we haven`t enough problems, in the north came Seth from Nax and on top of everything we heard some rumors that he plans to attack Reacor.... maybe this threat is now for some time sleeping as he have some other targets for the moment... and the rest of the story of the war with DSK you know i think..

(sorry for typos and some grammar mistakes ^^ it`s to early for writing that much in a foreign language)
Merthos

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 08:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neireh wrote:
have something like hmm what relations do we have with Handuro?...

Let's put it that way: It's too much trouble to integrate Reacor as you can see on DSK. Razz
ZayN

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 09:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let me try to sum up the story of Kesh in a few words...

Kesh exists from the beginning and grow up all the time, till Tobi comes and declare the war against us.
We capitulate with some conditions:
I can take my whole hierarchy under me again and get all my planets back... (the usual stuff)

After the cropper of Hommel Kesh begins to exist again and becomes strong enough to survive.
In between there were of course some problems. But till now we solved them all and are still Number 1 Laughing

But nobody knows for how long...
Geier

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 05:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merthos, youíre lying! Handuro broke that NAT, because this war the help for Zamonien to get in war with Hommel. After this you craven hole youself up under the cover of Hommel. For fear of losing, you didnít fight against us...
Than Kron broke the NAT with Hommel and Ayatollah came out of the deep. They make a false accusation and ripped me down untill I had only one planet left.
But I do not give up hope! Hommel is coming back! And if the time has come, pray to god for grace. You should need them...
Paul_Atreides

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please not again.
It is over since about a half year.
Sorry but there are more than enough topics in this forum about that.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldest rule in the book...
never argue with the forum mod or admin Wink

and yes... please drop that old saga, every who was around has their own opinion and i doubt anyone will change...
and the people who turned against Hommel from the inside generally supported hommel vs handuro for what ever reason and it was other reasons for which hommel became hated
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 03:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found again this topic and read it with an immense delight . I also found this topic http://www.kosmor.com/forum_int/viewtopic.php?t=7626 on the same subject . And there are maybe more ... so if there are ... please tell me about .
I initially played Kosmor for the entire 3501 and two small parts of 3500 and 3502 . After ... I came back in 3503 but the stage was totaly new to me .
So if alphabravo or anyone else could talk about the history of 3502 ... I will remain gratefull .
And maybe then compile the entire history of Kosmor and maybe even made it more detailed .

greetings !
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 06:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, that was a long time ago. I could need a refresh of the history, too, after that, perhaps, i will remember something, too.
Rada

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe robin could tell us some tales about the war between Troja and Agnari?
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

*push*

I'll write something later. If we get some more stuff in here, i'll sticky it.
Nikoy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are going to initiate a serious project about writing Kosmor history, then someone (several) persons must be the workhorses... I do NOT volunteer Wink
I guess if you are not too busy Aurion as a mod and Assisi as the biggest fan may do as following:

1. Aurion can open a new topic where only he can write.
2. In this topic here (or elsewhere) we discuss what and when happened and when we agree on a fact Aurion can move it in the closed topic and fix it there.

For the oldest parts that we do not remember we can use copy/paste (with some redaction and formatting) from the topics, already found.
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 09:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not much work to make a new topic and copy and paste the stuff we agree on in there, if that's all i have to do.

As long as we merge opposing views before replacing "fixed" sections, it's all fine.

If someone (e.g. Assisi) wants to lead the project, i'm not against him becoming mod, too, so he can sort out the mess himself Winkewinke , though the regular forum activity is not really that taxing.

Last edited by Aurion on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:17; edited 1 time in total
Assisi
Councillor of the House

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikoy wrote:
several persons must be the workhorses...

I can be one of the workhorse RazzRazzRazz

But we should not hurry ... this is a task that will take a while ... if we really want to do this the right way.

We should still wait for some other guys that will post their memories here. I spoke with some and they will share the intel in short time. Besides this ... there are some "not so" active people that at some point can involve.
We should also ask the help in .de . From what I know ... there are some guys that are still playing there and that played also in .com in the first years ( we are especially interested in the first 2-3 years ). Maybe one or two of them can tell their opinions, etc.

Instead ... a shorter project will only make it more subjective and incomplete.

Regards !
Assisi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: