Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

some1 help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mopherman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:17    Post subject: some1 help Reply with quote

im new and im aslo cluless in how to get cash
PaulAtreides

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, there are a number of ways to get credits. I will list all of them here for you.

1.) Star Redistribution Tax income. 183000 c / day
2.) Sales on the market. You can sell the raw materials from your mines for credits.
3.) Taxing your planetary populations. You can tax your planets. If you are new this is not a good idea because the more you tax the slower population grows. You want population to grow because the tax revenues are proportional to the population size. 10% tax causes no growth, 0% tax causes maximum growth and 15% tax causes maximum population decline. If you are new you want to set taxes at 0% so that in the future your populations will be large and revenue then will be greater.
4.) Taxing your subordinates. This is not possible if you are new because you will probably not have subordinates. Even if you did, people generally do not like to pay taxes. Most superordinates impose 0% tax on their subs, but 1% is not uncommon. More than 5% is harsh. Personally I think that you should rely on your own income and not tax your subordinates unless it is an emergency. Sell something on the market if you need quick cash.
5.) Sell planets to house members. You will not want to do this for cash. Planets are too valuable.

My recomendation for now is to keep your taxes at 0%, as your superordinate to tax you as low as possible, and limit your expenses. Do not build a large flee tyou cannot afford. It takes credits to maintain ships so unless you have 10 planets of 500000 population each I would not be building many ships unless there is a threat or target very close to toy.

Also, if you have not done this already, go to Questions and Answers and read Walker's newbie guide. That in addition to the in-game help file. Those should clear up most of your questions. This really is an elegantly simple game.
Locutus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selling parts of ships will also make a lot of money.

Last edited by Locutus on Sat Aug 06, 2005 09:46; edited 1 time in total
Agnar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 06:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, missions for your super-ordinate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: