Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Planatary Defence Bonus &/or Fortification's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Good Idea?
There is some good stuff in there- (yes)
70%
 70%  [ 12 ]
No, it should not be implemented-
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
I dont really care/am to lazy to think about it-
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

Xilento

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 01:24    Post subject: Planatary Defence Bonus &/or Fortification's Reply with quote

Part A1: It could be such that planets, depending on.. well, whatever, size, race, you the modish people can chose, would have defensive bounus. (partA1b1:) And it could be made so that mby say, gas giants wouldent be able to have bounuses or buildings (see Part B), but would lower attackign ships accuracys (the enemies) (because your ships are hiding in (not IN-IN, more like around, but u know what I mean) the gassy place), and there could be similar cool things for various other types of planets.

Part A2: And/or, it could be such that being on a planet would give a ship a defenceive bonus (hence large numbers would rack up a large ammount of bounus').

Part B1a1: There could be defencive buildings (partB1b1:) And/Or attackish buildings like lazer turrets, etc.

Part B2a1-A2: Or, you could have it just so that planets could be equiped with lazers and torpedos (or just one of those if u want), (the modish people can decide how many, but that should probably depend on size, and maby on type (and race needs to have sompting to do with this)). Houever, if this (Part B2a1-a2) were implemented, seeing as how it could help out a lot, it might be a good idea to make this cost $////?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?//?/?/?//?/?/? (sry, had to do that) AKA credits for maintence.

Note: And of couse for B2, were that implemented, it would probably be best for it to take over one turn (mby more, depending on the parts (it could be based on ship constuction time waits mby.. whatever), for them to be installed.
Locutus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 03:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planets already have defensive systems (lasers/torps), but I like the laser turret idea. It could boost the defensive capabilities of a planet up to different levels, and cost something for upkeep.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

(because your ships are hiding in (not IN-IN, more like around, but u know what I mean) the gassy place), and there could be similar cool things for various other types of planets.

^^^^^^^^^^sorry..thats kind of funny...^^^^^^^^^^

i agree with some of that. you should be able to boost the defnces of planets...(maybe a prouser perk?????) (idea hehe)
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not so keen on this idea... eg:
ships show up on the map... the only way you could have something like this is if it showed on the map...

basically it would be just like a ship... takes time to build, pay an upkeep, (can attack?), fires if your planet is attacked

i dont think it's right to have a "stealth" ship... therefore i seem to think this is exactly like a ship????
Locutus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the idea of the planets affecting the ships. The game would become too complicated.

Also, about the turret idea, I meant that it would be a one-time cost without upkeep.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locutus wrote:
I don't like the idea of the planets affecting the ships. The game would become too complicated.

Also, about the turret idea, I meant that it would be a one-time cost without upkeep.
i guessed you did... my point was that no-upkeep-weapons sort of shifts a little balance... and would you put it on the map if a planet had one?
Locutus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if it should be on the map. Decide for youself.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think that it should be in the map. it should be a surprise. it would keep some players from attacking a planets with only one small ship..
Agnar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, i think an empty warplanet should beat a planet, but thats just me...
aquadus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agnar, An empty warplanet already beats a regular planet.

Locutus, Planets do affect ships. They give out XP everytime they are attacked and taken from an enemy.

1325476, By attacking a planet we always leave a little defense behind. The guild members. Also, that effectively enhances the defense of any give planet to that of, most likely, a basic ship. Makes it so that someone is unable to attack a planet that has house members on it because they would fight back and defeat the warplanet that has no ships what-so-ever.
Gozer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 08:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way might be to create a series of ships without engines, which would effectively be orbital defense platforms. Don't allow them to move at all, not even to a WP orbiting the planet.
For example, take the even numbered hulls and remove the engines and some portion of the hull components and call them by a different name(say, OP2,OP4, OP6, OP8, OP10). Probably reduce the upkeep a fair bit, also.
Locutus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upkeep depends on the hull level, not the equipment on the ship.

Yay, my 200th post!
Gozer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 09:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locutus wrote:
Upkeep depends on the hull level, not the equipment on the ship.

Yay, my 200th post!

But an "OP" hull wouldn't be the same as an "H" hull. The idea is to make the orbital platforms worth building. If they cost the same in upkeep, why build an OP10, which can't move, instead of an H10? Starting with "H" specs was just intended as a way to make the process easier.

The logic would be that they don't have drives that have to be maintained, or suffer the stresses caused by travel. You'd also need fewer crew.
Locutus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, well I didn't know you wanted to create a new class of ship.
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 03:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

we had a wish for planetary defenses in .de for some time now.

Basic point against it:
If its maximum defensive power is weak - who cares about it.
If its maximum definsive power is strong, it leads to more and unwanted game stability, as people are not sure, whether they can conquer any solar system or not.

If it is a system coupled with daily upkeep, you can also put a ship there.
If it is a system with no daily upkeep, it will even more shift balance towards unwanted game stability.

Bye,
Maelstroem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: