Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Traveling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

would you like to see this implemented
yes
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
no (post why not)
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 23

chitown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 09:45    Post subject: Traveling Reply with quote

What if when you travel to a planet that is 6 lightyears away instead of losing the extra light years you could have traveled you get to keep them and use them for another time. Also the holding time of the extra light years would be 4 days to prevent a unbalance in the game.
Xilento

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why I Vote No...:

It seems that this might add some "improper instability".

For example, it would make a lot of senarios a good bit tacticly uncalculatable, to a extent, and from such a source as dosent seem universaly logical (sorry if this dosent make a tremendous ammount of sence). It would also increase the ammount of "trouble situations", being for instance integration at the same time as a jump, or "semi jum" (being what is proposed here), etc. Further, incorperating such changes into already present navigation features might be a bit problamatic....

Just my two cents-

Xie Xie & Zai Jian-
NobleSteve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 00:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted no... I believe it is more in the spirit of the game that a large effort would be required to slow a Wp to stop at any specific point.. e.g: to make orbit or to reach a singular spot in space... to change this would both over complicate matters and go against the ideas of the huge drives on WP's.... Ships have no such problem with this already... and that makes sence to me
Nikoy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:47    Post subject: Reality? Reply with quote

Hey Steve, you are right to make it more realistic with those huge drives, masses and stuff, but then don't you think that the same amount of effort would be necessary to change WP's trajectory in open space, to accelerate and decelerate - the inertia here is not taken into account! It’s either making it as close to the reality as possible, or making it fare so not to lose that spare movement. I personally think that we have to be able to make multiple waypoints setting, so for example your WP goes to a planet, take it and moves further. In such a way even one can set the way and go in vacation - when you come back all the planets you set the course to pass through will be conquered!
PaulAtreides

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted No also. I like the waypoint idea better than the idea of saving up lightyears, but it makes sense to me that to conquer a planet you actually have to spend some time there. Stop, send down the house members, install the new government... it takes time. It is not the kind of thing you can do while flying past at full speed.
NobleSteve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with Paul over the gunning down of a planets defences and maybe drop-shipping in a new govenment on the way... and also ill accept the inertia idea except i understand it to be easy to divert the course of a heavy object that is already in motion.. also a Wp's drives need not be limited to one area of the planet.. its a thought anyway.

My next point centres on the idea of saving up light years as stated... how far would we let these day accumalate exactly? if someone was smart enough they could build up enough spare to effectivly "jump" like a house jumpdrive... thoughts on this?
chitown

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's why the build up would only last three days to prevent people jumping into house territories
PaulAtreides

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically everyone gets a mini 90 LY jumpdrive that only recharges while you stop moving. I am not in favor of it.
NobleSteve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed with Paul, it detracts from the strategic aspect of the game and becomes a too fast pace game where those who are bound by time restraints lose out to those who can easily play everyday... i personnaly enjoy the fact we have to plan days or weeks ahead to make sure a mission is completed. if i had this option of storing drive time i would easily use it for assault or escape from another player... too easy i say.. the current method requires enough skill to make the game fun for the more intelligent player.. keep it this way.. lest it become a free for all battle tearing the universe apart
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 00:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

NobleSteve wrote:
agreed with Paul, it detracts from the strategic aspect of the game and becomes a too fast pace game where those who are bound by time restraints lose out to those who can easily play everyday... i personnaly enjoy the fact we have to plan days or weeks ahead to make sure a mission is completed. if i had this option of storing drive time i would easily use it for assault or escape from another player... too easy i say.. the current method requires enough skill to make the game fun for the more intelligent player.. keep it this way.. lest it become a free for all battle tearing the universe apart

i agree....
Nikoy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 05:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

The situation with the “mini jump drive” of 90LY should be avoided of course. And the idea to save most of the movement just for one turn leads to another type of “micro jump drive” of ~60LY.
I agree that colonizing a planet needs time and efforts, but I do not agree that it is the same to spend 59 LY in one case and 1 LY in another for the same purpose!

So, maybe the best is that colonization needs always exact amount of movement, let’s say 5-10 LY. The rest you still have to be able to spend, but ON THE SAME turn by using this multiple waypoints.
What about that?
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikoy wrote:
The situation with the “mini jump drive” of 90LY should be avoided of course. And the idea to save most of the movement just for one turn leads to another type of “micro jump drive” of ~60LY.
I agree that colonizing a planet needs time and efforts, but I do not agree that it is the same to spend 59 LY in one case and 1 LY in another for the same purpose!

So, maybe the best is that colonization needs always exact amount of movement, let’s say 5-10 LY. The rest you still have to be able to spend, but ON THE SAME turn by using this multiple waypoints.
What about that?

is a good point...i agree....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: