Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Attack Option
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think we should be able to attack a player with other players
I agree with him, we should be able to attack with other members of other houses
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
I like attacking others whom wish to attack the same member as i do and not knowing who will win
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I dont think that this is something that should be altered
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 18

Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 22:48    Post subject: Attack Option Reply with quote

One thing that i myself have beleive should be implemented into the game, is being able to attack a player with the help of another player of which is not in your house, and both of the said attackers ships attacking the mutual target player and not attacking each others ships as well. I think that this would go better with the whole wing-house and allie aspect of the game. This hasnt happened to me, but im sure that it has to other players, or would have happened if something like this were to occure. this would also allow allies and wing-houses to work more closely together....This is something that i would definatle like to see added to the game...Would be a little more realistic and more fun i think. This would also help players whom are non-pros if they were attacking say someone who was a prouser with another prouser....
Locutus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 08:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea. This is kinda like the alliances thing, though, and Merthos said something about not having formal alliances.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, but this is a feature that should be added, would make battles alot more interesting....and would make it harder for prousers
Locutus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 03:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea, because battles will only take one day with this option, instead of many days.
Pokel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

We dont need formal alliances for this. Just a List of "do-not-attack-houses". Your "ally" dont need to know if you set him as a friend. So you could do surprise-attacks on your "friends" like before.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pokel wrote:
We dont need formal alliances for this. Just a List of "do-not-attack-houses". Your "ally" dont need to know if you set him as a friend. So you could do surprise-attacks on your "friends" like before.

thats not the point of being able to attack one player with the help of other players from another house, and it not be a free for all everyone against everyone and wait to see who's ships come back intact...
Pokel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 08:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not what i mean. Players on this "do-not-attack-list" wont be attacked by your ships, but the other side is free to attack you if you are not in their list.

As an example: You set "salty_powerhouse" as your ally and they set your house as their ally. Both houses will not attack each other and can fight together in battles without getting hit by ally ships. If salty_powerhouse is a bad traitor and dont set you as an ally (but you think they do) they can start an surpsise-attack on your fleet.

Only if both sides set each other as allys, the ships will stop firing.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see what you mean now! ya...i like that, pretty much the same idea....
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

then you can have all the bonuses of a house, just where everyone has a jump drive...

in the game, people must chose whether to use "guerilla" tactics; with multiple small jumping WPs, or whether to amass a large fleet to fight one great fight...

you just can't have the best of both worlds...

it also means that intelligence gathering is less possible, and your secrets are likely to stay secret
Pokel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 09:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats right, but think of a house with more than 20 independant rulers. Its nearly impossible to govern all of them. You have to share maps every day and its easyer to become independant if you "officially" are. So, one big house and many small ones will still have their advantages and disadvantages. Oh, and in many small houses you will miss the jumppoints and make your fleets more immobile.

The only informations you will not get via your informers is the exact combat power, the hierarchy (Which is not existing...) and the number of members. but this is only if the observed house consists of a high number of wing-houses.

But there are two reasons, that make this changes important: In a fight of a big house against a smaller house with less than ~75% of the strength the bigger house has, their winnig-chance is not big, because the bigger house can troop up an undefeatable Fleet and force the smaller one to pull back or just losing many ships. With an ally assisting he can win the superioty easily and fight back. On the other hand the big house has not that big benefit of an ally assisting, because he can win superioty on his own. And think of the heroic element of fighting a much smaller house with an ally... so, I think its good for the game-balance

the second reason is making rebellions easyer: If all of the rebels set to rebellion on one day it will not make a difference, but a house, joinig the rebellion later, is completely helpless and without assist from the other rebels, because they cannot join in combat just by now. Because of this I think this would make the game more action-like.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever you may or may not think... there is NO WAY that there is the slightest chance that people would want to form 1 house when they can fight together

many allies stay independent anyway... without these bonuses
not only that you can have a jump drive which, if it loses, doesnt break up the house, but that also imagine if you got 2 large houses to ally??

then the indestructible fleet will be completely out of anyone else's league

and about map sharing => many players [especially in .de] are already working/finished fine tools for joining / splitting maps, adding strategy, ship locations to the point that you can have maps with more information than a map for 15 houses or more
Pokel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 07:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a point...
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

as stated above, there are a lot of good points, and alot of bad points that would come if this or an ida like this were implemented. but the only way to know how it would turn out for sure, is if it were in fact implemented. with all of the bad point that have been pointed out, it is easily seen how some houses could capitalize on something like this, and would most likely make the game less interesting to play. although i inisiated the poll, i now change my vote to dissagree with the suggestion, do to the many down sides that would come from this.
Pokel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 03:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Alphabravo is right with this for now. It would make the game more interesting, but can lead in a big chaos and unbalance the situation. As I know there will be a kind of "testserver" in the future where this and other changes can be build in. I think a change in the jumpdrive-system is planned as well, because the jumpdrive causes lots of trouble and is the primary reason for forming wing-houses. So after this changes we could review the situation.
Locutus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

The test server should be pro-only and should be the tournament server in the spare time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: