Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Waypoint co-ordinates
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agnar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 03:28    Post subject: Waypoint co-ordinates Reply with quote

Suppose that I want to end a turn at a precise distance from a planet or warplanet. If i enter the co-ordinates to full points, the closest i might obtain to the required distance is, for example, 0.2 light years further (or less) than desired.

If i enter co-ordinates by hand, in the URL, can i enter one or both of them as a decimal place? Will that have any effect, or does the system round off anyway? If you can, how many decimal places?

e.g. http://www.kosmor.com/index.php?action=3000&xpos=9.1&ypos=-625.025&t_typ=0&t_id=-1&weg_act=1
Merthos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 06:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Maelstroem might know the anwer.

But I can't image a situation where one would need such precision. Ship ranges are at 10 LY steps so 0.5 LY is fairly good enough.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought that you couldnt type in the co-ordinates that you wanted to go to????? or can you? if so someone please clue me in...
fern

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 06:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can, but he is asking for decimals............
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

well someone please clue me in on how it is done...please
Merthos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 02:53    Post subject: Re: Waypoint co-ordinates Reply with quote

Did you really not see it? Shocked

Agnar wrote:
e.g. http://www.kosmor.com/index.php?action=3000&xpos=9.1&ypos=-625.025&t_typ=0&t_id=-1&weg_act=1
Agnar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 08:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merthos wrote:

But I can't image a situation where one would need such precision. Ship ranges are at 10 LY steps so 0.5 LY is fairly good enough.

I wanted to end my jump-drive move on a planet, and the warplanet must be exactly on the planet to cacpture it.

However, it has since been pointed out to me that you cannot take a planet on the turn you use the jump drive, so the point is moot.

Thank you for trying to answer me though, thank you all.
Liam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't jump on a planet/war planet. The fight will be in the next round. Won't be fair Wink
fern

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

true.
if you found someones hp, and it is undefended (if tat is the case they deserve to be taken 8D ), then they will not see you coming, and have no chance.....with one day, they can move some ships on neighbouring systems, or change their hp..........
Liam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ähm, you can't change you wp within one day. You need 14 days...
fern

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 02:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

it takes 14 days to move your hp?
why is that?
Liam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 04:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because then you can't do, what you wanted in you post Laughing
Tadr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have an idea, why not just try it???
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 21:22    Post subject: Re: Waypoint co-ordinates Reply with quote

Merthos wrote:
Did you really not see it? Shocked

Agnar wrote:

i saw it, but it doesnt do anything...still dont see how to type in the co-ordinates??????
Locutus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Here's how you do it:

http://www.kosmor.com/index.php?action=3000&xpos="xxxxx"&ypos="yyyyy"&t_typ=aaaaa&t_id=bbbbb&weg_act=1

-The bold text with "xxxxx" and "yyyyy" is where the coordinate locations are.
-After some testing, I found that "aaaaa" is what you are flying towards. If "aaaaa"=0, you are flying towards empty space. "aaaaa"=1 is a planet, and "aaaaa"=2" is a warplanet.
-"bbbbb" is the ID of a planet or warplanet. If you are flying towards empty space, then "bbbbb"=0. "bbbbb" is a 5-digit number for planets and a 4-digit number for warplanets.
-"Weg_act" has not been tested yet, but I am assuming it sets your waypoint.

So you copy the URL above and type in the xpos and ypos for your destination, and that's it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: