Mostly Good
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Mostly Bad
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 54

BattleKing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:54    Post subject: The new game... Reply with quote

Oblivion wrote:
BattleKing wrote:
When the old players don't have a saying in the game changes, something is very wrong.

Yet, if the game is structured to ensure the happiness of the old players, it will be at the expense of new players, which means most won't stay, which means the game doesn't grow or evolve.

No,

You don't understand... If you ask the oldest players about what they think would attract newbies. What is so wrong in that? They have the longest experience and play it everyday with a hudge Empire under them. They would of course love to have fresh faces around, makes the game more interesting?!

New players are new players, they have no knowledge of this game. They must accept what is in here no matter what or they can just say goodbye and leave like they do everyday. This is not a action game you jump into and kill people in one minute. That's way we have the tournaments and something could have been made more out of them in the first place if something!!! The tournament games could have been a perfect testing ground for new stuff where everyone could have a little saying!!! Then when the almost perfect game was created like a real Star Wars... WOW... that would have been great fun?!

The one's that have been here for years truly deserve to have a saying or at least their views looked at!!! Especial players like blanka, Walker, 1of431, 72of431, Manann, Merthos, Agnar, Gil-galad, proxynick etc. They are wonderful great players that should have a saying in this matters!!! They deserve all the respect they can get after spending hour after hour, day after day and month after month behind their computer working so hard for everything!!! I am nothing in here, I am just talking about my views and stand for every word.

H1 with a H12 drive is a excellent idea for the non-pro and Pro players. When I entered in here for the first time in 2004 I was suprized how low combat power the non-pro had. But I had to accept the fact's that if I wanted to grow and become a someone I had to pay for it in cash in the end. The non-pro account is for players so that they can get a taste of the real game. The real game for me is the Pro account and this is a long lasting strategy game!!!

I don't find it fare for the oldest and hardest working players not to be able to have a saying in this new matters!!! That's all!!!

Wink Cool
Gozer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 14:49    Post subject: Re: The new game... Reply with quote

BattleKing wrote:
You don't understand... If you ask the oldest players about what they think would attract newbies. What is so wrong in that? They have the longest experience and play it everyday with a hudge Empire under them. They would of course love to have fresh faces around, makes the game more interesting?

Agreed, but will the old ones support changes that allow others to potentially overthrow them?

Quote:
New players are new players, they have no knowledge of this game. They must accept what is in here no matter what or they can just say goodbye and leave like they do everyday. This is not a action game you jump into and kill people in one minute.

I think that's the problem. The game goes too slow at the start, and it is too likely that you're just going to lose everything after playing for a month, or so. I restarted several times after playing for a few days/weeks only to have someone come along and take all of my planets.

Quote:
H1 with a H12 drive is a excellent idea for the non-pro and Pro players.

I suspect that most players won't outfit all of their ships with D12's, at least not for long. Upkeep won't go up, but construction/replacement cost will be significant.

One thing I haven't read is concern for the ability of new house members (spies?) to map an entire House. A non-pro with 10 planets could build enough to observe a large area of an House's interior.
BattleKing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 14:47    Post subject: Re: The new game... Reply with quote

Yoo my man,

That is exactly what makes Kosmor, Kosmor... You need to work your way up the lather!!! I see your problem, but Kosmor is very much like real life, hard work from the begining to the end!!! Nothing is for free and you need a team to survive that is for sure... This is not a game where you enter and kill everyone as you know in one minute... This is the perfect strategy game where the big is big and small is small.

In Kosmor you have nice players and you have evil one's... The nice one's let you come by yourself into their Empire and let you go when you want to!!! Then you have the dictators that grabs you and never let you go with out you die!!!

I still stand with that the players that created Kosmor by staying and worked hard should have a saying in matters!!!

See you+have a great weekend++

Wink Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: