Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Planet Taxes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xilento

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:16    Post subject: Planet Taxes Reply with quote

Greetings-

Can someone post the formula for determining the ammount of tax you make off a planet? (Of course on population, but im not sure if size, race, distances, etc, make a diffrence...) Thx-
Pokel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will make x% of the population number in Credits.

the x you can set between 0 and 15.

you will have 100% (with Leisure park 130%) population growth minus 10% for every percent of taxes. (without park and 6% taxes your growth will be 100%-60%=40% of the normal rate)
PaulAtreides

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

This means the the best long term solution is to set taxes to 0% until the planet is growing less than 3000 new population per day. Then set the taxes to 9% to maximize profit.

In order to do this you have to rely on Star Redistribution tax to maintain your mines and ships and factories, so if you are running out of money either disassemble some H4, sell resources on the market each day, or raise taxes slightly. The more you tax now the longer it will be until your planets are very large. Once your planets are larger than a million population you can get 100k credits from them with no population loss, but if you tax them now they will take forever to reach a million and you will get much less credits from the small planets.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulAtredies wrote:
This means the the best long term solution is to set taxes to 0% until the planet is growing less than 3000 new population per day. Then set the taxes to 9% to maximize profit.

In order to do this you have to rely on Star Redistribution tax to maintain your mines and ships and factories, so if you are running out of money either disassemble some H4, sell resources on the market each day, or raise taxes slightly. The more you tax now the longer it will be until your planets are very large. Once your planets are larger than a million population you can get 100k credits from them with no population loss, but if you tax them now they will take forever to reach a million and you will get much less credits from the small planets.
personally i wouldnt agree completely with that

my scientific measurement of the order in which to tax them is:

((population / 10) - SRT) / growth @ 0%
where big numbers are the ones you tax

now i made an excel page to show this...
but it basically means:
you obviously want the highest net profits, per unit of growth

so if one planet has 1 million pop, and would grow at 3000 / day, and another has 0.5 million pop, and would grow at 2000 / day (smaller planet or different race) -- then you want to tax the big one

the easiest way of telling is to decide something like "i will have 0 tax until the planets reach 2/3 max pop" [20 times the diameter], then then look at the planets which are over this, and then look at the population / growth
the bigger it is, the earlier on your "tax list" it should be

just remember that if you leave a planet growing because it is still growing fast, and it has 160% growth, this means that it will also slow down growing a lot faster than the other planets, so watch that you dont have a planet with 0% tax growing less than 100/day (as i did)

when you have a lot more planets, taxing them becomes much more complicated due to SRT - but i think most of the players with 50+ planets can choose their own strategy quite well
- strangely enough, it's often possible to earn more money from a planet if you give it away for the very biggest players (70+ planets) ^^

if anyone wants a hand... contact me for sound intergalactical financial advice Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: