Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

The Alliance
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agnar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 19:15    Post subject: The Alliance Reply with quote

===========================
Grand Treaty of The Alliance
===========================

The Universe can sometimes be rough and there are many dangers that might menace a house if it has to face them alone. Some dangers could come from inside, some from outside. You can never tell. Today we can proudly say that our houses realise the need to stand together, in a mutually beneficial state. We realise that together we are more than the sum of each individual alone.

Therefore our noble houses have made this Alliance Treaty, to proclaim our wish of working and standing together, officially.

The Alliance will consist of the House of Agnari, the House of Reacor, the House of The Order of Templar, the House of Kanaani and the House of Underverse.

We define the terms of the agreement as follows:

1. Each House is an equal member with same rights and duties. Each Member of The Alliance declares that they will follow the rules of this treaty to the best of their knowledge and ability.

2. All Members have free passage throughout all of The Alliance territory.

3. All Members of The Alliance enter into a Mutual Protection Pact (MPP);

3.1. If any Member of The Alliance becomes the victim of an unprovoked attack, the other Members are bound to help and support that Member with full military support and assistance. However, the definition of unprovoked is to be clearly agreed upon by the other Alliance Members. A discussion and vote should occur among the other Alliance Members. If they reach a majority of just one Member indicating the belief that the attack is unprovoked, then ALL The Alliance Members are obliged to offer full military support to their allied victim. Should the vote not reach a majority, then #3.4 still applies.

3.2 If a Member of The Alliance declares war against some other House outside The Alliance, then all other Alliance Members must be informed at least 48 hours before the declaration of war. In such a situation, the attacking Member is assumed to take full responsibility for their own actions. Alliance Members are NOT obliged to help the attacking ally in this case, though they may decide to do so if they wish. In this situation, #3.4 still applies.

3.3. In a situation where there is no clear aggressor, and/or no declaration of war has been made, then The Alliance Members are obliged to offer full military support, UNLESS the individual members have a NAT with the other side. In such a situation, individual Members of The Alliance must still offer support for their allies, and may not offer support to their NAT-partner against any other Alliance Member. In this sense, support is to include, but is not limited to, fly-through rights, observations and intelligence reports, the offer of materials and/or allied planets etc.

3.4. In any situation of conflict, and whoever starts the hostilities, Alliance Members are obliged to offer support to their ally. They may not offer any support to the enemy of their ally. In this sense, support is to include, but is not limited to, fly-through rights, observations and intelligence reports, the offer of materials and/or allied planets etc.

4. All Members of The Alliance declare that if there are ever any discrepancies between individual Members, that they will attempt to clarify them peacefully and diplomatically among themselves. If the parties fail to clear the discrepancies among themselves, they must appeal to one or more of the other allied leaders as arbitrators. Once the arbitrator is agreed upon, all parties must abide by the decision of the arbitrator/s.

5. If any Member wishes to leave The Alliance, the cancellation period for this treaty is 2 months standard galactic Kosmor time, and the treaty starts immediately on confirmation by ALL Alliance leaders. If an Alliance Member leaves The Alliance, then The Alliance treaty still continues to exist among the remaining Members.

=================================
Agnar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gills quiver with pleasure as i submit, and confirm this treaty of The Alliance.
Neireh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 02:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeks of negotiations, rewording and discussions among the houses now come to an sucessful end. But this is more the beginning of something new and hopefully bright future. Reacor is proud to confirm this treaty.

Lady of Reacor

Neireh looked at the time when Agnar anounced that Treaty officially. "hm, he don't get much sleep that night ?", she mumbled slightly smiling. She remembered that last time when they spoke Agnar seemed to her like sitting on tenderhooks and couldn't await it to anounce this great Alliance. It was Agnars wish to make it officially. As he asked her, she leave that honour gladly to him.
Ragdoll

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 03:52    Post subject: Re: The Alliance Reply with quote

It is a honor for me to confirm the Alliance treaty.

May it be a long and peaceful time.

Ragdoll/Kanaani
Lujin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 07:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Order of Templar is proud and happy to confirm the Alliance.

Kodro, Gran Maestre de la Order of Templar.
Manann

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underverse confirm this alliance

Best regards

Manann
Lujin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 04:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austrian Alliance has attacked one important member of Order of Templar. I thereby ask all allied Houses to attack Austrian Alliance.

K.
Neireh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 05:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will think about it. The attack was from michimike, who belongs former to posbis with which templar is in a state of war. Reacor whishes their best condolences for the familys losing loved ones on the Ships which had been destroyed in that battle.
michimike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 07:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you started the war against Posbis, I was member of their house.

So I'm not the aggressor, I only stay loyal to my former house and help to defend it!

I remind all members of this "Alliance", that they aren't obligated to help Order_of_Templer (house-ranking number 1) fighting the little remains of Posbis (Memorial and AustrianAlliance); just if they voluntarily want to join this disproportionated war on the stronger side.
Neireh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

You aren't so weak when you destroy a Fleet like that today. By the Way wasn't it Celdor attacking Templar first? Would say that Templar didn't started this war.
michimike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celdor:
I didn't know that Celdor attacked Templar.
What he does is not what I want, because he is not my friend, but an enemy.
He is only member of my house, because I integrated him, just like Colcat.

Weak:
I never said that I'm weak!?

Aggressor:
Templar started the war when they started to conquer planets of Posbis or when they integrated my superordinate Seth, or both.
Neireh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you mean that the house and the leader isn't respeonsible for the actions of his members? Is it norma that the Leader himself don't knew his subordinates, who belongs to his house and who not? And is it not normal that, if someone attacks another house without the permission of his house and this could cause trouble, the leader would talk to the other house, excuse for the actions and try to find a diplomatic way?
Agnar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

This situation is definately *not* clear as to the aggressor, or who started the conflict. It is something we need to discuss amonst ourselves, the alliance members, and certainly michiemike has no say in our decision.

Personally, we Agnari feel that it is *unclear* who started the Posbis conflict, and it comes at the beginning of the treaty. Possibly it started before the treaty was signed! However, the austrainalliance trouble came after the treaty was signed.

If the posbis conflict is considered to take place after the treaty was signed then definately this is covered by section 3.3 of the treaty (the mutual protection act). In this *unlear* situation we are obliged to offer full military support for our ally, UNLESS WE HAVE A NAT WITH THE OTHER PARTY. None of the alliance members has a NAT with the Austrian alliance, or the house Posbis.

Therefore, we are obligated (under sections 3.3) to declare war on the AustrianAlliance.

Michiemike has threatened us in the past, when we were a much smaller house. We negotiated our way out of this situation, and we are impressed at his strategy and fighting prowess. Also, we give respect and honour to our enemies, michiemike and his followers, however, we honour our obligation and declare war on house AustrianAllliance.

We are further obligated to offer support of information and assisatance against house Posbis. We in Agnari will honour our obligation here also, though we do not declare full and open war.

Though we support our allies, as we are obligated, we hope for a negotiated and peacfull resolution.
aquadus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 08:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michimike, You do not truly know why you started to attack Templar?

Aggressor:
Templar started the war when they started to conquer planets of Posbis or when they integrated my superordinate Seth, or both.

Why say "or"? If you don't know why you started, why not simply try to talk with Kodro and ask him to start negotiations while you stop all hostilities in a show of good faith? Isn't that easier than getting attacked repeatedly from practically everyone? Also, why defend Posbis if you aren't part of that person's house? From what I have read here, you were a part of the Alliance before you attacked and therefore NOT a part of house Posbis.
michimike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 09:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Agnar (and the rest of this Alliance)!

As I can see there were some incidents in the past between our two houses, which led you to your decision and this is ok: I accept your declaration of war and will be prepared for your penetration Laughing

Of course you're allowed to do this, like every other house too, which signed no NAT with me (and there are none).
I only reminded, that you're not obligated to do, because I was already involved in this war, when Posbis got attacked by the Order.

In my point of view this war of Order_of_Templer (even more clear, if you add all partners of this alliance) against Posbis is disproportionated, as I mentioned before, so I decided to help Posbis (as a former part of them) and not to show the white feather!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor RPG All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: