Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

distance traveled
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chitown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 18:14    Post subject: distance traveled Reply with quote

I think we should double the distance travel from 30 ly to 60 ly or some kind of increase seeing that it takes way too much time travel between not only your house but let alone your planets. also i believe with this increase more people would join the game and make it much more competitive seeing that it would take less time to travel and do things in the game. please post your responses
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, that should be changed to something higher, also incorperate the keeping the ly travel if you dont go the full 30ly's.
Ad_thrawn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to got 100 ly, else it is too short, and you should be able to teleport to anothers planet, if they let you
aquadus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they could make this into a building that produces an upgrade for the war planet.
paveyj

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 100LY is barking mad! If theres going to be any increase in the WPs speed its got to be something a little less, not 3 times faster! Perhaps 40LY

Also it needs to be available to everyone not just Pros
Paveyj
Ad_thrawn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the point of 40?? 100 would make the game alot swifter, and stop such huge etas
Rupsie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad_thrawn wrote:
What is the point of 40?? 100 would make the game alot swifter, and stop such huge etas

you can jumb in someones planet core in one turn. 30 ly is good for now. if you want it to be 40 ly you most make the galaxy bigger to. (planets stand 10ly more away from each other. but then you will have not accomplised anything. you can even do 1 ly a day. but then you most make the galaxy very small.
chitown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the increase is needed inorder for the game to expand i mean i agree 100 is too much but 40 is to little so 60 is meeting everyone halfway so the game would become swifter. Also I don't see any draw backs to this
PaulAtreides

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

On draw back is that other people can attack you ery swiftly and penetrate to even your home planet in just a few days.
chitown

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you should be ready for attacks. Also what is stopping you from attacking some one in a couple of days. Also with this impliment the game will evolve into something much more strategic seeing that you can impliment a strategy in a few days instead of a week or two. It would also help players get their planets back after a person takes them and retires
PaulAtreides

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I do not like this. Unless radar ranges are extended by the same amount. Otherise you no longer have 3 days of warning before your planet is taken.
Gozer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of leaving WP movement through open space at 30, but allowing jumps between friendly planets up to somewhere around 120.
NobleSteve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with this is that the great powers (of which i am proud to be a part of) would benefit the most from this plan... for example a fleet of huge proportion could be assembled in next to no time by shifting powerful pros along an empire to the boundaries of others houses and bolstering the house fleets... i may be alone with this idea but the fact that this game takes time makes the whole idea of galactic conquest very difficult... and thats the point! there must always be a balance to avoid the game becoming ruled by the biggest fleet for ever more simply on their ability to move forces over large distances using the facility mentioned... currently the game requires long drawn out thought to succed... where is the flaw in this... its a strategy game we play...

despite my advantage from my house power, i feel making it more powerful through this idea would ruin the fun.. the thought and the time required to make your house the best in the game... why else are we playing?
Locutus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that maybe you should be able to travel faster when you are within radar range of one of your own planets, but not anytime else.
Lordling

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it is also important to keep in mind the feasibility factor. The warplanet is, after all, a War Planet. It boggles even the scientific mind that it can perform a "jump". I see the 30LY/tn "sublight" limit as an attempt to average the speed of the WP. Can you imagine how long it would really take to move such a mass with impulse engines? The acceleration rate would be pathetic.....Egad! Turn 1 would realistically be what? Maybe 3 or 4 meters? Once you got it up to speed, you would be smokin', but then you have to slow down after midpoint.
Then again, the devs could just say that it has mass inhibitor coils, or some such, and then none of what I just said would make any difference!
Wink
All in all, as frustrating as it is, I think the 30LY speed should stay. However, as you all know, I'm not opposed to changing the playing field in other ways, which could compensate for this irritation. Smile

I mean, seriously, what would really (technically) keep you from using your jump-drive on your WP if you voluntarily let yourself be integrated?
In the event that your WP was aggressively integrated, I can see the case that your new superordinate comes and rips the jump-coil (or whatever) out of your engineering section, removing your ability to warp. But in the case of a cooperative (even desired) integration, the ability & permission for your WP to posess a jump-drive should rest with your superordinate, not be hardwired into the game. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: