Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Plasma
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paveyj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:59    Post subject: Plasma Reply with quote

I propose a boycott on plasma sales over 30 credits per unit to end this inflation in prices. I call on all Kosmor imperators to do this for the benefit of the game. I know many imperators can no longer afford to buy plasma, and i am not happy that others are making such huge profits on this important commodity (which is why i havent been buying any lately, despite being able to afford it).

So join me, now
Nikoy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 05:47    Post subject: YES!!! Reply with quote

I am with you! Do not buy plasma at that high prizes, so they'll fall! This is how the market works! Green!
michimike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 06:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not ony the seller who is responsible for the high prices, it's the buyer, who offers too much money.
I think you can't convince some imperators not to sell more money than you, because they think "if I offer 31 at a boycott of 30 for all other imperators, I'll get the plasma" ... and so on.
Alteron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 08:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true.

I believe our problem is really a shortage of imperators on the sales-side of the market. As there are too few imperators selling, supply will be too short, and prices will soar.

I am sure most imperators will relate to the recent example of the oil-price after the onset of the American war in Iraq - one anticipated a shortage of oil, and prices soared.
UNSCRAPIER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 09:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah like me, I buy 30000 units of Plasma every few weeks, I offer over 100 per unit just so I know that I WILL get the plasma. I hate it when I need to build one last part for a ship and have to wait an extra day because the other guy offfered more.
Locutus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need some kind of Kosmor Trade commision to determine a 'fair' price range based on cost of production.

Anyways, I am boycotting.
Lordling

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, as well.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

im all for a trade commission to determain prices.

im up for the boycott as well.
e1567

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not mean to interupt this but the Kosmor market is based on actual economics theory and it will stay that way.

This Idea for a commision to set a fair price will mean diddly squat because we as buyers determine the fair price. If someone really needs the plasma a price of 60 is fair if they want more plasma than everyone else.

I mean I have been shafted by the prices as well but I need it right now so I do not mind shuffling out 60 credits for it right now and I will simply not buy anymore for a while until I need it.

This price soar is a dream come true for the sellers and power to them they are getting a huge price. I mean the price should go down sooner or later.

So boycott it and the price will probably go down sooner or later.....
PaulAtreides

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that Plasma is used much more than anyother material in component construction, but there are not more gas giants than other types. This creates a bad ballance where everyone needs more plasma but there are a shortage of plasma producing planets.

The components need to be changed so that they can be produced with less plasma. The raw materials should be ballanced so that they are used equally.
Alteron

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 00:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second e1567's view in this matter. I am an economist, and wish to remind you that real life experience teaches us that too grand an ephasis on price-control is a very, very bad idea. (Look to Argentinas energy troubles as they froze the gas-prices!)

But I also do agree with Paul Atreides. The game is designed in such a way that we simply cannot get hold of enough plasma. I believe this is not all un-intentional, as it makes the market more important to us! (The effect is to slow down the production of supplies, hence the creation of combat power, making us less agressive.)

Last off: if you are willing to buy at this price, it is the correct price. If somebody else is willing to buy at this price, it is still th ecorrect price. Simple as that.
Nikoy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 05:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly!
The cost of any good is exactly as much, as the people are willing to pay for it!
Quote:
So boycott it and the price will probably go down sooner or later.....
Agnar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 06:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I think that the design of plasma needed for different components is planned, and part of the game design. That is why the material is considered more expensive than the others.

However, i am boycotting such inflated prices as we have at present. I regularly buy plasma, and plenty of it, but i will not pay such prices! I try to stockpile some during cheaper cycles, and at times like this i turn to my friends and house-brothers for help.
Bucan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 06:57    Post subject: ^^ Reply with quote

^^

Who needs Plasma ?? I do not need it anymore... I have enough ^^

Kind regards
Bucan
michimike

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 07:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest not to sell it - plasma is even more important than money Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: