Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Bugs in Kosmor!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BattleKing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 09:50    Post subject: Bugs in Kosmor!!! Reply with quote

Greetings everyone,

I have noticed that there is some really nasty bugs in the Kosmor server. Eatch time I use my Mozilla Firefox to enter my account the bugs try to over run my registry & drivers. This result in that my computer shuts off (restarts)!!!

My ZoneAlarm firewall say that I am being attack eatch time & the Lavasoft Ad-Watch reports that changes are being forces into my registry!!! This is really a seriouse threath to my privat life & computer!!! Because the Internet Explorer is iven more unsecure I can't be playing along in this game anymore!!!

I wish you all the best of luck++

Crying or Very sad
paveyj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can i have the free pro-user membership you won from the Homepage Competition?
BattleKing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 15:17    Post subject: Answer... Reply with quote

paveyj wrote:
Can i have the free pro-user membership you won from the Homepage Competition?

I am back online again now to check out things... I mailed Maelstroem so we will see what is going on. But it's really seriouse when the attack is so strong that my computer shutsdown!!!

I couldn't belive it, but it was all for real. I belive there is a couple of hackers sitting on the server & pumping bugs all around. If you don't have my kind of security system you won't survive any attack like that (they would have total control over your PC and they would be in stealth hiding, you would never find them)!!! The unbeliveable thing was that they went straight through my own router, that is really nasty stuff!!!

Good luck++

Confused
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Battleking,

I can really ensure you, that there is no hacker sitting on our server doing nasty things.
In fact, if your system has all security patches installed, it should - no - it must be impossible for someone evil (not even I could do it Smile) to gain access to your system when you only access a web page (kosmor) and not execute any binary program.
Excatly thats an advantage of a webservice like kosmor - no executable program is necessary to play it, it in fact only displays text and images via your (trusted) browser.

The problem therefore must have arisen before your net connection to kosmor - the worm or trojan horse must have modified your hosts file or windows domain name service functionality.

If you donīt believe me - take any other (windows) machine and log-on to kosmor. You will see nothing serious can happen.

Bye,
Maelstroem
BattleKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 09:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maelstroem wrote:
Dear Battleking,

I can really ensure you, that there is no hacker sitting on our server doing nasty things.
In fact, if your system has all security patches installed, it should - no - it must be impossible for someone evil (not even I could do it Smile) to gain access to your system when you only access a web page (kosmor) and not execute any binary program.
Excatly thats an advantage of a webservice like kosmor - no executable program is necessary to play it, it in fact only displays text and images via your (trusted) browser.

The problem therefore must have arisen before your net connection to kosmor - the worm or trojan horse must have modified your hosts file or windows domain name service functionality.

If you donīt believe me - take any other (windows) machine and log-on to kosmor. You will see nothing serious can happen.

Bye,
Maelstroem

Jepp,

No problem... I am back and if it happends again I'll catch the problem!!!

Thank's for the quick answer++

Wink Cool
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 07:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like ad/spy ware to me

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/

this is probably the best spyware scanner that i know
BattleKing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

alphabravo wrote:
sounds like ad/spy ware to me

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/

this is probably the best spyware scanner that i know

Exellent link!!!

Wink Cool

BK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Bug-Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: