Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

multiple shipyards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

should this be incorporated
yes
38%
 38%  [ 8 ]
no
61%
 61%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 21

chitown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 17:53    Post subject: multiple shipyards Reply with quote

I think that commanders should be able to build two shipyards on there hp atleast so ships could be much faster and add a new element to the game. Also people would have to pay some sort of amount of credits and it would cost some components like in the pro buildings.
Black-Skull

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 03:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion are this suggestion not good.

It are not really a problem to build a second shipyard in the near of the HP of a other planet. This other planet can be conquered - OK - but a shipyard is very cheap. Each player gets per day 459.000 Cr throught the Star-RTax - A level 11 shipyard cost in the comparison only 253000 Cr.
You see - a shipyard a very cheap, and it are perhaps only a time-problem to build a new shipyard and a greater problem to build enaugh shipcomponents for all Shipyards.

Blacky
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 04:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Black-Skull. If you're in the need of a second shipyard and/or you are able to build enough components, you should have at least one other planet near your hp, so it makes no sense to build up a second shipyard on the hp - except if you get conquered, so that you can still use both.

But if you could build a second shipyard on one planet, why not a third? Why not a second shipyard on all planets? Perhaps no planet should be conquerable, so you would net a second shipyard on the honeplanet..

Of course this is exaggerated, but it would be somewhat like this.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 04:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do see one advantage to this idea... players who get ripped down can build themselves up more quickly
Randomzero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 05:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

but on the other hand, players who rip and attack other players can build THEIR strength at double speed aswell.
chitown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 06:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

see the fact is I already built multiple shipyards on planets near to my hp and farther away but the thing is when you produce compionents in factories and have to ship them to far away planets it's a waste of time getting the components there instead of just having a few planets next to you with two shipyards on them
Claudio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 07:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no need for such a thing in my humble opinion ...

I've got enough planets around my HP, to build serveral shipyards in the 150ly-range, so the transport never takes longer than 1 - one - turn.

There isn't really a need for it.

But just keep one giving hints and suggestions!
PaulAtreides

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we need is a faster way to ship components. You should be able to transfer all the components for a H4 or a H10 all at once. Then it would be easier to get them from your factories or HP to the other shipyards.
Xilento

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulAtreides wrote:
What we need is a faster way to ship components. You should be able to transfer all the components for a H4 or a H10 all at once.

This would be nice. I also have enough planets to build what shipyards I need within close proximity. Houever, though this would seem to prehaps eliminate the need for multiple shipyards on a single planet, what is annoying (of the present situation) is that, when you have a relativly high ammount of planets, it takes enough time to do otherwise, that typicly all componets are sent to your hp, or one planet (lest you have a few major shipyards around, but then the same problem arises, I imagine, just on a larger scale), and then sent from there to the other shipyards. Houever, as it varies as to what you need in other shipyards, one typicaly sends the componets for each ship, each time. It is this, that can be somewhat tedious, and can take a annoying ammount of time. That seems to be why, even though one can put other needed shipyards on other planets, that it would be nice to have more then one shipyard on one planet, so that you could just ship all the componets you need in a area to one planet, and build what you need at once for that area there. This would be the same as otherwise, but would just eliminate the annoying shipment coordinations. As suggested, this could be similarly remedied, without the suggested change, if you could ship full componets to a planet. Houever, this might be a bit awkward to implement, as the variations, might create potiential problems. Therefore I like, to an extent, the multiple shipyard on a planet idea.

(p.s. As to the riping- this dosent seem as though it would change that a great deal, as, ripers, can just make other shipyards on planets anyway...)

Back to the issue- Anyway, what I think might be a good idea, though it might be a bit hard to do, would be this:

Make a whole new shipyard page (w/ factory, shipyard, stock and shipment), instead of haveing it w/ "Solary systems". Make it then, so that each of these can be accesed- And on the one for shipyards, have all the shipyards you have be listed: Then, when you select, to build a ship, be able to on a list, select what planet you want the components to be shiped from, and they automaticly will be shiped to that planet, from the one selected, and used there, which would eliminate the tedious process of manually doing such. The shipment times, could just be added to the construction time.

This might seem a tad 'intricate', but if made, I think it would solve the problems (and wouldent require the mult. shipyards on a planet).

(ok, im done... Wink )

Adios-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: