Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Caps on number of ships in a WP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 08:23    Post subject: Caps on number of ships in a WP Reply with quote

Hi,

This game is gatting reduced to big fleets in a few wp that never or almost never came even close to a fight between them.

My suggestion is to put a limit in the number of ships you can stack into a wp.

Leire.
Gozer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 08:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem is the ability of ships & WPs to hide on planets.
Lujin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 08:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are issues that will change the game to a better playability. Allow ships to attack other ships (but not to conquer planets) in planets, limit number of ships that can orbit a planet or a wp, give non-pros a small jumpdrive (60 or 90 ly for example), allow H8 drives for H4 ships or more types of H4 ships... a light one with only 1 T6 and D8's, a heavy one with only d4's and 4 T6... (main reason is that 60 ly is normally not enought to travel between planets), etc...
Gozer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 09:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodro wrote:
... or more types of H4 ships... a light one with only 1 T6 and D8's, a heavy one with only d4's and 4 T6... (main reason is that 60 ly is normally not enought to travel between planets), etc...

Wasn't a slot system discussed at one point?

Ideally, I'd say allow ships to travel up to twice their range, but the course can't be changed once started. Of course, that would be very messy, with ships all over the place.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

you say that the big WPs often dont fight?

we just had a BIG fight in .de

426k CP vs 472k CP

a total about 640k CP was destroyed Twisted Evil
MePha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was a nice fight in .de ^^

but i was the loser Laughing

now i rebuild my fleet and then i look for a new target Wink to destroy (i hope) ^^
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard limits are not good. We need to strengthen splitted-fleet-strategies in some another way, e.g. increase warplanet mobility to allow pirate-style hit-and-run attacks.
Suggestions are more than welcome Smile

Bye,
Maelstroem
Gozer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of ship to ship combat(no planet capture, of course), without the need for WPs.
Keule

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maelstroem wrote:
Hard limits are not good. We need to strengthen splitted-fleet-strategies in some another way, e.g. increase warplanet mobility to allow pirate-style hit-and-run attacks.
Suggestions are more than welcome Smile

Bye,
Maelstroem

How then about making the actual movement range per turn of a WP dependent of the number of ships (or alternatively CP) carried? WPs could have a higher movement range with less ships (CP), and a more limited movement range with too many ships (CPs)?
Xilento

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gozer wrote:
I like the idea of ship to ship combat(no planet capture, of course), without the need for WPs.

Would this really occur that much though?

Its seems fairly seldom that lots of ships are just hanging around on planets, and less that they are within the simple proximity of an enemies ships. And, a player that would be attacked, could merely move his ships, hence forching the enemy's wp to come, hence no diffrence... Also, this would be a bit of an annyonance, as for those with many planets, while at war, I dont think many people would like to go clicking around on hundrends of planets searching for some enemy squadron... Of course a system could be make to accomedate this, but it just dosent seem that worth it/beneficial...

The main problems I see are:

Lack of potiential occurance
Lack of difinitive strategy element that can be utilized
Xilento

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keule wrote:
How then about making the actual movement range per turn of a WP dependent of the number of ships (or alternatively CP) carried? WPs could have a higher movement range with less ships (CP), and a more limited movement range with too many ships (CPs)?

It seems that this wouldent work too well because:

A simple, though annoyingly time consuming/redudent remedy for all that (for a player to bypass these parameters) would be to have there wp going along w/ less ships, and have the other ships fly along via planets, and when your going to attack, just have them all coordinate, but some ships come from planets, some from the wp.

Of course, they couldnt then jump in large fleets, but what would you do w/ the jump drive in this situation anyway?

Personaly, it seems as though this would just un justifiably/beneficialy complicate the game withough stratigic betterment...

Just my 2Ęs...
PaulAtreides

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Xilento. This does not seem like an improvement to me.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a cap on ships already, called finance. thats the only cap there should be, i like the fact that anyone can build as many ships as they can afford.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xilento wrote:
Keule wrote:

It seems that this wouldent work too well because:

A simple, though annoyingly time consuming/redudent remedy for all that (for a player to bypass these parameters) would be to have there wp going along w/ less ships, and have the other ships fly along via planets, and when your going to attack, just have them all coordinate, but some ships come from planets, some from the wp.

Of course, they couldnt then jump in large fleets, but what would you do w/ the jump drive in this situation anyway?

Personaly, it seems as though this would just un justifiably/beneficialy complicate the game withough stratigic betterment...

Just my 2Ęs...

well... that's already a clever option to have the h9 and h10 flying behind the WP, so the enemy dont see them

the enemy think they have a perfect chance to attack the h1,h4,h11 which are sitting on a WP, and so they attack the WP
Then you send your h10/9 back to the WP the same turn and slaughter the enemies attack with a full fleet Smile

and PS - i think the suggestion was about attacking, so if you are entering deep into enemy territory, you havent got enough planets to keep hopping the fleet

=> attack with many ships = slow
=> attack with few / defend with lots = fast
Gozer

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xilento wrote:
Gozer wrote:

...And, a player that would be attacked, could merely move his ships, hence forching the enemy's wp to come, hence no diffrence...

How about this: If ship A attacks ship B and ship B moves on the same tiurn, the attack still happens if ship B's destination is within ship A's range.

Maelstroem wrote:
Suggestions are more than welcome

One way to encourage more WPs to be more active would be to reduce the number of planets taken when a player's WP is taken.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: