yes
46%
 46%  [ 13 ]
No
53%
 53%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 28

Bowman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 03:59    Post subject: So when you are caught cheating Reply with quote

and you have your account stripped, should all your planets revert to the previous owners that you stole them from or should they vanish like the fleets?

Not sure what happens at the moment.

any ideas?

cheers

Bowman
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 07:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently they get deleted with the player itself, after 14 days. In this time, other players can reconquer them.

The Problem is, what if the planets got conquered some months ago? If they had several owners?

Which one should get it back? The one the multi conquered it from? What if the planets was conquered several times by the multi - from different owners?

It's not that easy, "either delete or transfer them back".

Last edited by Aurion on Sun Apr 16, 2006 19:05; edited 1 time in total
Bowman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

the trouble is that you are punishing those who lost out to the cheats in the first place. 14 days is not that longesp if you were running from the cheaters. passing ownership back to the previous owner ( or making them nutral if the previous owner has left the game) would mean that any losses that other players suffered from bad conduct would be nullified.

in the case of carolin and all of the multies ( I hope all of them were caught) he was assulting a number of groups with others who may have known what was going on. The loss of the planets that were concered as part of the deception only serves to weeaken the oposition and hence strengthen the group who were cheating. I am not accusing/slandering or blaming anyone not proven to be part of this, simply pointing out the facts.

While account deletion is pretty good at stopping this, the knowledge that any gains you will make against any oposition would be removed may prove ultimatly greater. If I remember Geir was also found to have multied in .de? If this is so then account deletion did not stop him from doing it again here.

Cheers

Bowman
L-Dopa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itīs impossible to speak right in case of deleting a cheater. Aurionīs arguments are 100% correct. Should somebody "play" kosmor and his only task is to look which planet owns to which imperator if a cheater conquered him? Nobody would do this.

There are only one solution. Bite the teeth together and accept the procedure like it functions on the moment.

Itīs one reason more to hate fu****g cheaters.
Carboneater

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 07:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, I agree to this policy,

it's sure the time is a bit short if we're far away from this place, but if you can't reach these planets before the 14 days, you'll get them as neutral, so you don't lose too much in it...

any way, before, try to find some players cheating, then after go near their planetsand you'll be fine...

Carboneater
RAz320

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they should revert because it would be unfair to the previous owner that it would just dissapear
e1567

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 09:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAz320 wrote:
I think they should revert because it would be unfair to the previous owner that it would just dissapear

WOW very compelling arguement. I completely disagree with you RAz320. It would be way to hard to decide who gets the planets especially if they were bounced back and fourth. And if they were not bounced back and fourth if you get your planets back others would have been cheated by someone and there planets would of been boucned back and fourth. In additiont this is a strategy game not everything is going to go exactly as you like it. So basically just try not to let someone actually take your planets.

I personally think cheaters should be caught before they even get a chance to take other peoples planets but it is harder to catch them than i would like to think sigh.....
Carboneater

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well RAz320, I can say I completely disagree that the planets are reverted when anyone have been caucght cheating, he's blocked for 2 weeks, I think you've got enought time in these 2 weeks to go get back your planets, you won't tell me you can't become independent to have a jumpdrive, then you'll be able to reach them back. If you're not even able to reach them back, it's because you were fighting someone else in another location too far away, and you just have to build a new empire on there, because you were unable to protect your planets.

Carboneater
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: