Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Integrated fleet command
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should control of ships be transferable?
Yes - in House only
53%
 53%  [ 15 ]
Yes - any Imperator
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
46%
 46%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 28

Gozer

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 09:37    Post subject: Integrated fleet command Reply with quote

How about allowing players to give control of individual ships to another player? The most obvious example would be a multi-player fleet on a WP. I'm thinking it should be limited to in-House, and the player could, of course, take control back at any time. Maybe add it to the ship page, so a fleet order could be issued to transfer multiple ships.
Liam

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be the advantage? I mean, there should still be some communication in the house, but if one player could manage it alone, it would be boring.
Gozer

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the main advantage being when something sudden/unexpected happens. For example, a WP jumps near a WP with ships from several players. Coordinating something on short notice can be very frustrating. It could be restricted to ships on another player's WP. It definitely wasn't intened to allow one player to control all of the ships of a House.

It would seem to benefit Houses with more members, which could be good for the big Houses, but also good for Houses with many smaller players.
e1567

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what the advantage would be. Lets say the head of the house has say 400k cp on his wp. But only 100k was his. The rest was from other people from the house. In order to utilize that every single person must check thier accoutn frequently. And now lets say someone happens to jump within thier range but 300k of that cp is needed to conquer the wp. What if the house leader doesn't check thier account until later in the turn and then sends out the message to send all ships but inorder to make sure everyone sent the ships a message would have to be sent back and fourth so everyone does know the ships are being sent. Most likely not everyone would respond and any ships sent would not win because not everyone sent thier ships...

So basically this function would mean the head of the house could moblize the fleet quickly.

I voted no this is a terrible idea. What would be the point of people playing then? If everything could be controlled by one person why check your account at all? The point is a larger a house is the more blundering it is and it takes good leadership and even better planning to maintain that house. If this rule is installed who needs a good planner as long as you have a leader that can talk people into putting ships on the house wp.....

just my two cents
Gozer

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If everything could be controlled by one person why check your account at all?

True, given the current strategy on concentrating a house's power in one huge fleet, it would take something away from the game. The idea would probably best be paired with something that encourages more, smaller fleets.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the idea is a good one, not all times there is time to organize so that all players have their ships on other wp, attack someone/ something at the same time. this would make things alot eisier.

what could be done, is to set it up like the mapshareing. only be able to allow cirtain number of players to control ships that you have on other wp's, and vise versa. If its set up this way, it would be limited, and would even it out for all players.
Locutus

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that the vote is closely tied between In-House only, and no.

I voted yes because if this function is optional for the player, how would it "take away from the game?" If they want control over their fleets, then all they'd have to do is cancel the transfer of command.
e1567

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locutus wrote:
I voted yes because if this function is optional for the player, how would it "take away from the game?" If they want control over their fleets, then all they'd have to do is cancel the transfer of command.

Well guess you didn't read but it would take away from the game because people would just not check thier accounts if all thier fleet is on the main houses wp if the leader could just do everything themselves. Thus taking away from the game because the entire game might simply be played by like 15 people(often any ways). This would especially happen for those houses that are land locked and an individual would have little to do but maybe make ship parts but even then a person would only have to check thier account once every 3 days.

Also I can assume that all the yes answers were by people in large houses. If you install this smaller players would loss a major advantage they need. For example bucan is alive today because the people in the new order of templar were not communicating well and he got away..... That is the point larger houses are suppose to be slower than smaller more stream lined houses....
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

e1567 wrote:
Locutus wrote:

Well guess you didn't read but it would take away from the game because people would just not check thier accounts if all thier fleet is on the main houses wp if the leader could just do everything themselves. Thus taking away from the game because the entire game might simply be played by like 15 people(often any ways). This would especially happen for those houses that are land locked and an individual would have little to do but maybe make ship parts but even then a person would only have to check thier account once every 3 days.

Also I can assume that all the yes answers were by people in large houses. If you install this smaller players would loss a major advantage they need. For example bucan is alive today because the people in the new order of templar were not communicating well and he got away..... That is the point larger houses are suppose to be slower than smaller more stream lined houses....

GOOD POINT
BattleKing

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 04:25    Post subject: Re: Integrated fleet command Reply with quote

Gozer wrote:
How about allowing players to give control of individual ships to another player? The most obvious example would be a multi-player fleet on a WP.

Excellent idea... That would really make an advantage for the house leader that has the house fleet on his WP!!! But it will take some programing I belive & for the one that got the time. Go ahead...
Locutus

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 06:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the player has many fleets on many different WPs, it might a wee bit easier to manage his empire.

Also, if the game is played by 15 people, then it will be played by 15 people anyways. Forcing people to play is making the game less fun. It will only make more of a hassle for the real players.
Pokel

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 08:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if you let the Ruler of the house control your fleet, you cannot do anything. Like we have seen in .de in the battle Wartech vs Virgin (642318CP destroyed), one player who jumps off the wp just before the fight begins can make the winner. If the players ships were controlled by the ruler, this would not happen.
michimike

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pokel wrote:
But if you let the Ruler of the house control your fleet, you cannot do anything. Like we have seen in .de in the battle Wartech vs Virgin (642318CP destroyed), one player who jumps off the wp just before the fight begins can make the winner. If the players ships were controlled by the ruler, this would not happen.

Then the others would have won, but what's the differenxe? Only more destroyed combat power and that would be good Very Happy
Do you think the only way to win this game is to wait for human failure og your enemies?
Pokel

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 05:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

???
If the player wouldnt have left the WP before, there would be more cp destroyed...

No, the reason was, that the player controlled his ships on his own and not the ruler of his house, and with the suggested feature, probably the ruler gets the control of the ships, so this would not happen. Thats why I dont like it, you have less chance to rebel against your house, cause your ruler can force you to give up command.
BattleKing

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pokel wrote:

The player that did this against MePha and Lebiadyn has been totally destroyed + trown out of Lebiadyn!!! All his planets are free meat and I feel sorry for this idiot!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: