Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Lasers?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 03:07    Post subject: Lasers? Reply with quote

I need an answer! Is there any point is making ships with lasers because every battle i've had, my ships haven't fired their lasers! So is it worth making ships with lasers?
please answer

Jay
Neireh

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 04:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

first torpedos, next round lasers, if your ship don't survive to the next fire round to fire the lasers.. hm bad luck
Jay

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 04:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh right lol
Pokel

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 05:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipclasses, that can not use torpedos (H1, H2), are nearly useless. Just H1 are being build for assisting big fleets.
UNSCRAPIER

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 08:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory you could build a massive fleet of ships with just torpedos. it certantly will not be cost effective (Upkeep) but cheaper per ship (No need to buy lasers.)
While your at it cut shields too. If your ships DO fire in the first round, they wil have nothing to fire in second and wil probably be destroyed.
So All you have to pay for is a Hull, Torpedos, and Drives.
This will allow you a bigger fleet for a tight budget, but like I said wil kill you in the long run on upkeep costs. (You'll be paying the upkeep of a full ship as opposed to a 1/3 equipped ship.)
Jay

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys for your help Very Happy
Agnar

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is not worth buying ships with incomplete weaponry, unles you intend to have them in a fight withina few turns, and just want to get as many porduced as possible.

It only takesa few turns before the upkeep on a hips outweighs the money you saved by building them incomplete. Therefore always build ships with maximum weapons and shields.
Black-Skull

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 02:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

The once ships, where a incomplete weaponry a OK, is the H1 and the H11. Both are more shilds as sword.
BattleKing

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 04:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agnar wrote:
It really is not worth buying ships with incomplete weaponry, unles you intend to have them in a fight withina few turns, and just want to get as many porduced as possible.

It only takesa few turns before the upkeep on a hips outweighs the money you saved by building them incomplete. Therefore always build ships with maximum weapons and shields.

I agree with Agnar because the upkeep is the same prise no matter what. So the best thing is to always build complete ships. At least they will bite the best they can during a attack!!!

Wink Cool
Alteron

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

The components chosen is an investment. You can make a good or a not-so-good one.

The price of it is the same none-the-less, so why the question? I do agree with Agnar.
PaulAtreides

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 00:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a large battle H1 and H2 are useless as offensive ships. They will never kill anything. They are unable to carry torpedoes, and if you give them lasers, they do almost no damage. It would take a thousand H1 to kill a H10. So giving them lasers is useless. They serve as cannon fodder, shield ships, and not giving them lasers makes them cheaper to produce.
L-Dopa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 01:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simulations says that 190 H1 kills 1 H11.
Black-Skull

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 06:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

...But only if the H11 is weaponend with Tech 12 Smile
michimike

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 190 H1 are enough to kill a Leviathan? I don't believe that.
Gozer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

michimike wrote:
Only 190 H1 are enough to kill a Leviathan? I don't believe that.

Initially, I agreed, but on the other hand, the vast majority of the offensive powrer of lvl 12 weapons are wasted on H1's, and they would only hit about 22%(55+(1-12)*3 =22) of the time. The L3's, however, would hit about 79%(55+ (11-3)*.3) =79) of the time. 11 points isn't much, but 11*187 adds up (187*.79 = 148 hits = 3.5 S12's at 42 hits per kill) . I say 187, since the first torp round would score 30*.22, or 6.6 hits, which would kill 3 H1's. At 3.3 per torp round and 6.6 per laser, it would take an H11 quite a while to kill 190 H1's.

I just threw the numbers together, so they could be wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: