Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Planet-Size and Housemembers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manann

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 16:32    Post subject: Planet-Size and Housemembers Reply with quote

A short proposal to improve the value of planets of size-2 or size-1.

Each new player gets 1900 housemembers.

Each size 1 planet costs 50 housemembers
Each size 2 planet costs 100 housemembers
And each size 3 planet costs 200 housemembers

Different numbers of housemembers because smaller planets needs less people to control a planet, bigger planets needs more.

The big jump between size 2 and size 3 has its reason in the fact, that size 3 planets are more valuable later in the game,when you have many more planets and it makes a different if your top 10 planets are size 3 or size 2 due the startax-rank-rules.

Why raising up to 1800 housemembers? So you can have max 9 size-3 planets + your hp-planet, so it will not be a disadvantage for all of them who startet long ago.

It is clear, that the rules to get independant need also be adjusted.

The existing emperors with less than 9 Size-3 planets or 38 size-1 planets will get a little adjustment up to the full number of housemembers - or all players with less then 55 planets, depending what is better (i don't now yet).
All other (I mean all of them who have more than 55 planets) do not need an adjusting,because they have enough planets due longplaying kosmor.

The advantage in my opinion is:
New player have a little bit more to do before they first must conquer another planet to expand and a become a little bit stronger. The value of Size-1 and Size-2 planets encreased a little bit.
So every new player can decide if they get fast stronger while conquering size-1 planets, but are limited in future devolopment or they conquer size-3 for later plannings.

Best regards

Manann
PaulAtreides

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rules to get independent definately need to be changed.
Nikoy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 05:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea that smaller planets would need less HMs I like, it's logical. If it is as Manann proposed 50, 100, 200 - than the number of the HM and the indep. rules must be changed. But maybe they stay as they are now, instead the necessary HM per planet decreases - e.g. size 2 - 66 HM, size 1 - 33 HM...?
Grey_Wind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 02:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

or use manann formula
and size 2 50 hm and size 1 25hm
Carboneater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mannan's idea.

And, if the rules of independancy aren't changed, I vote for Skrubber's option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: