Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Easier shipment
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think about this idea?
Very good idea!
86%
 86%  [ 25 ]
Good idea, but I would correct it a little. (statement plz)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Bad idea. Let it be as it was. (statement plz)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't understand what you want.
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 29

michimike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 08:45    Post subject: Easier shipment Reply with quote

I just sent parts for new ships from my factory planet to many different shipyard-planets, where they should be built. It took me more than half an hour. With the following improvement it would take only 2 minutes:

Arrow The stock-screen is split up into two phases: first you choose all the components, ressources etc as it is now, BUT: you can't choose the target planet. If you klick "forward", you will come to phase 2: you see a list of all your planets with a small box to tick beside each planet name. There you tick all the planets where you want to send the defined goods. To make it easier there could be written in the first line how often you can send the defined good-amount (how many planets you may tick off). If you tick off more planets than your stock consits of goods for them, the planets which are alphabetically lower just don't get any goods (although if you have some of them remaining in your stock - it allways sends only the complete amount of your defined goods). And as an additional feature there could be symbols for pro-buildings and shipyards beside the planets for easier choice, where the parts should go^^

Maybe each normal transaction would take 10 seconds longer, but big transactions would be much faster (in my extreme example it would take 28 minutes less).

An example, where many of you could benefit of:
You are Pro-User and integrate a Non-Pro. You get for example 12 planets. Now you want to build leisure parks and ore refineries on each planet. That's much work. But with the new improvement you only have to chose 125 t2 and 25 m4 once and then you only tick off all planets where you want the parts to go.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 09:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

i definatly agree with you on this matter! your proposal would cut down on the time and effort that it takes to complete tranfering of product. it does take way to long to complete alot of these tasks.
NobleSteve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good suggestion... i struggle with this all the time and would love to see this fix come into the game
Agnar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, and i also suffer from this a *lot*, but it does mean more work per transaction for smaller players and non-pros (who dont build buildings).

As you suggest it it would greatly speed up time for the larger players, but add time to newcommers and small players. We should not be making theinterface harder for those players, we should encourage those players.

Perhaps an alternative, where links on the stock screen for a planet enabled you to send parts by ships type, or by building type?

(This is only a suggestion for further discussion on this idea, I have still voted yes, this is a good idea)
Black-Skull

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 05:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good suggestion ! Very Happy
Lordling

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 07:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur...Excellent idea! What if there were a selection to click that said "Use Advanced Interface", or something like that, so if you wanted to use the new screen, you could, otherwise it remained at the default?
Agnar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordling wrote:
[a link] ..that said "Use Advanced Interface"

Excellent idea! Then i can happilly enjoy the enhancement, and not worry that it made life harder for newbies Smile
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sorry, but with 72 views on this thread, you would think that more people would have voted on this topic.
chitown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Altough my planet shipments are no where near as time consuming as michimike's(for the time being Wink ) but it also does take about 15 minutes for me to do my big moves and they're not as far and between as before.
michimike

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrel wrote:
im sorry, but with 72 views on this thread, you would think that more people would have voted on this topic.

72 views does not mean 72 players or 72 possible votes. If you visit the board more often and you find new posts in this topic, you have to read it more than once^^

But it seams that my suggestion for improvement is well received. I hope it will be implemented in the game somehow Very Happy
Globbo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 09:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even some of those us non-Pros would like this. Since I build small ships, I have to build many of them, all over my realm.

Even when I am sending ship parts to a single other star system, I still have to select that system five times, which is four times too much.
Shadowmaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Globbo wrote:
Even some of those us non-Pros would like this. Since I build small ships, I have to build many of them, all over my realm.

Even when I am sending ship parts to a single other star system, I still have to select that system five times, which is four times too much.

agreed
Rada

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i was looking through ''Feedback / suggestions for improvement'' i saw this topic. i rly like the idea and i want to blow new live into this topic. Maelstroem what is your opinion about this and do you think you can implant it into the game? if it's already on your list then i'm sorry for wasting your time.
Lady_Sjet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

just goes to show how often i visit here, anyways i like the idea, it took me several rounds of minutes just to send ship parts to 2 different planets, and it takes the same amount of time EACH time i do this.

with this idea in place it would take about half as long for me to send out the parts i need from my HP, where everything goes by default, hopefully we'll see this in the next version of the game.

Lady Sjet
House Ulthwe
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next version of the game will have a global stock shared among all owned planets. Shipment then is not necessary anymore. I believe, it is an unnecessary micromanagement feature, which has to go away. Also, some supply factories and goods will be (partially) eliminated, as they add to the micromanagement overhead.

Bye,
Maelstroem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: