Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

New Game Logic Improvements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lordling

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 13:07    Post subject: New Game Logic Improvements Reply with quote

maelstroem wrote:
3. Settlement of solar systems now requires different numbers of house members. Size 1 solar systems require 33 house members, size 2 solar systems require 66 house members, and size 3 solar systems require 100 house members. Imperators, that already own size 1 and size 2 solar systems will get the excess house members "shipped back" to their warplanet and can settle new solar systems. - activated shortly ~ 1 week

michimike wrote:
Muhaha, I will get "back" more than 2000 house members... or did I missunderstand something?

It is for precisely this reason that all of the excess house members should be put into a "pool" and redistributed fairly. A formula should be implemented, taking into consideration the number of planets already owned, assigning a value of 1,2 or 3 based on system size. The higher the total planetary ownership value is, the less house members should be gained. After all, these bloated imperators obviously did not originally colonise those worlds. The currently proposed method will only serve to make the stronger even more strong, and will have an egregious effect on game balance.
michimike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I really just missunderstood something. And there will be no pool Wink

Count the HMs of all your planets together with the new system (33 for size 1, 66 for size 2 and 100 for size 3) and subtract it from 1300 (with house-guild ... or 1000 else), then you have the number of HMs you get...

And I think it won't be too much all together.
Carboneater

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there musn't be a "pool" because the strong ones who worked hard to do it will give the results of their hard work to smaller players who weren't able, or didn't tried, to become big.

And, anyway, the "Big Ones" mostly owns size-3 planets. So they won't get much HM as well.
michimike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 07:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have many planets of size 2, because in the middle of the galaxy, there were not enough size 3 planets to be colonised in the beginning.
But I have so many planets that I think it would be unfair for others if I get more HMs to get even more planets.

I think you can't search out the orignial ownership of every single planet to distribute the HMs fair. You can only discount it with the actual planet ownership and you have to make limits... why should anyone get 2000 HMs, although the maximum for new neutral planets is 1300 (or 1000)?
Liam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand Maelstroem, you'll get only HM for those planets, you really settled, not for those you conquered. So if you conquered a size 1 planet, you won't get HMs for him.
michimike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Maelstroem knows exactly which planet was conquered by which player?
Do I get HMs if I colonized a size 1 planet in past and lost it to another player? Do I get them also if I have more than enough size 3 planets now?
JackONeill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you think there is a message log where Maelstroem can filter out all "You have conquered the former neutral system...."-messages for each imperator?
From the technical view, it's easy.
michimike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems logical Laughing
Tumor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea when exactly it will be implemented?
-if its not strictly confidential, of course Wink

Greez
T
Locutus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the update comes on time as expected, it should be implemented this weekend. In fact, he may be putting it in right now.
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole package will be activated on the forthcoming weekend.
Bye,
Maelstroem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Feedback / suggestions for improvement All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: