Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

cp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 06:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I think I know what you could have Wink.
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

michimike wrote:
One-of-Many wrote:
But H11s are the fastest way to gain CP, and just about all the other ships are worthless too (destroyers may have some value depending on the opponent, and of course non-pros stick to H4s)

I wouldn't call it fast. It's definitely not fast, because it needs much much more factory capacity and much much more resources to be built, so much more time. But of course it is the cheapest way to gain cp, if you look at the upkeep only.

If you wish to look at CP only, then leviathans cost less to build than goliaths in terms of resources, credits and factory capacity. I'd guess about 20% at a glance, though I have the numbers exactly worked out.

For the same CP, goliaths have:
20% more lasers.
92% more torpedoes.

32% less total shielding.
(10% fewer shields.
57% fewer hull points.)

80% more upkeep
(and about 20% more building costs)
double the range
earlier shots.
Lady_Sjet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
earlier shots.

and that brings something else to mind, since we know that light travels exceedingly fast, (I could look up the number but I'm too lazy to do it and it's not really needed for this point) shouldn't the Lasers of any ship be listed first in order of combat rather than the torpedoes, which we know for a fact would move a hell of alot slower?

i know it's kinda off subject, and for that i apologize.

Lady Sjet
House Ulthwe
Locutus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady_Sjet wrote:
Quote:
earlier shots.

and that brings something else to mind, since we know that light travels exceedingly fast, (I could look up the number but I'm too lazy to do it and it's not really needed for this point) shouldn't the Lasers of any ship be listed first in order of combat rather than the torpedoes, which we know for a fact would move a hell of alot slower?

i know it's kinda off subject, and for that i apologize.

Lady Sjet
House Ulthwe

Hehe... and how exactly do radar stations scan a radius of 130LY in 1 day, anyways? Radar waves should travel at the speed of light Very Happy
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could argue that they fire torpedos first, as they got their own tracking system drive and need some time to travel (though faster then ships) anyways, so they will impact before the ships are in range for laser - they just can not focus the light enough to be useful at great distances.

And about radar..who knows what technologies they discovered in th last 1500 years. If you look back at what was known in the year 500, and what we know now..
Ahab

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 03:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, a possible explanation for the torpedos fireing before the lasers is that the lasers maybe have to be loaded first, otherwise you could say: why dont they fire constantly wihtout interruption

regarding to the radar question, a day here is probably not a day in kosmor

another explanation: the fact, that warplanets can use jumpdrive indicates, that in the kosmor universe there must be more than 4 dimensions, so the radars might be subspace radars

think about it Wink
Lady_Sjet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You could argue that they fire torpedos first, as they got their own tracking system drive and need some time to travel (though faster then ships) anyways, so they will impact before the ships are in range for laser - they just can not focus the light enough to be useful at great distances.

that is at least a plausible explanation, although the telemetry devices that would be needed for torpedoes over such a great distance would mean that the torp in question would probably be as big as a shuttle. Smile

Quote:
well, a possible explanation for the torpedos fireing before the lasers is that the lasers maybe have to be loaded first, otherwise you could say: why dont they fire constantly wihtout interruption

how exactly do you load a laser? stuff in some bottled light? I think what you meant to say is that they have to be charged first, meaning that the charge has to build up before the laser is powerful enough to be focused in such a way to melt through armor.

as for the radar, just as there is a hypothesis for warpdrives, there is also one for warp sensors, i don't recall what name they used for it in Star Trek, but the idea is that you can open a subspace wormhole and beam your transmissions via lightwaves, through it to the source, thereby enabling a realtime two-way conversation to take place, so the radar stations would in theory be doing something similar using light waves in much the same way as sonar. send out a pulse of light in a 360 degree direction and read the differences in the light that gets reflected back, thereby having a view of the space around you. of course this means that anything you see is actually timelagged and has already happened a day or two ago, but the idea is still sound enough. Very Happy

Lady Sjet
House Ulthwe
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd think of lasers as having to be charged - like needing to charge a capacitor for example in order to discharge it quickly. Torpedoes however can be fired immediately, but need longer for the "tubes" to be refilled and "flooded" - hence the fewer rounds and first firing.
Giner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

alphabravo wrote:
I'd think of lasers as having to be charged - like needing to charge a capacitor for example in order to discharge it quickly. Torpedoes however can be fired immediately, but need longer for the "tubes" to be refilled and "flooded" - hence the fewer rounds and first firing.

IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER!!!!!1111!!!11!!!
Aurion
Member of the House

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHOOP DA WHOOP
Giner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i'm gunna get a laugh from that everytime I see it.
Lady_Sjet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!
they got me pretty little Warplanet, the Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing

Lady Sjet
House Ulthwe
Giner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait...

Your War-Planet was the Death Star?

Holy Shhhhh.....

You must be the reason for the huge loss of star systems as of late...

Please don't hurt me.
Thaumaturg
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 02:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until today i believed there are two guys that have over 1000K CP: Assisi and Tyr.
After looking at the log of the battle between Nemesis and pirates i see that Tyr did not had all the ships with full equipement.

In conclusion only Assisi had over 1 million.

PS: Thank God that he has fewer now and that he will lower the taxes on us Razz
Geier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 02:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laola

Congratulation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: