Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Big Bug

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kosmor Forum Index -> Bug-Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 15:06    Post subject: Big Bug Reply with quote

I let my real life friend temp.replace me so he could look at my account and me look at his, we both cancelled the temp.replacement to each other and then my friend tink was on msn messenger and he told me when he clicked x off of my account he found himself on Nikoys account, he did not touch anything and clicked off straight away. I think this should be looked at straight away.
Nikoy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this have to be fixed, it can give troubles potentially!
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 09:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

just tried to reproduce it, but it wont work for me.
Here is what I tried. Please explain exactly what you did, e.g. like this:

1.) Player A requested temp. replacement from B
2.) B accepted temp. replacement
3.) B logged in
4.) B switched to account of A (using "go to account" button)
5.) A logged in (in parallel)
6.) A cancelled temporary replacement (in parallel)
7.) (This did not work for me) B logged off by hitting the X button and got into account of C.

Please do not post it here, but send me a message via the contact form on the homepage. If there is an exploitability I will look at it asap but I need to be able to reproduce it.

Thanks and bye,
Maelstroem
Giner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) GinDragon requests temp. replacement from tink.
2) tink requests temp. replacement from GinDragon.
3) Both accept
4) GinDragon cancels both temp. replacements after 10 minutes or so.
5) tink stays on GinDragon account still browsing after GinDragon cancels temp. replacement.
6) tink finishes on GinDragon account and presses "x" to switch back to his account.
7) tink finds himself on Nikoys account after pressing "x".

It also did not work for me as i tried to repeat it soon as to see if it was a one off thing.
michimike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

And why excactly Nikoy? Was there any other "connection" to him, which you don't tell us? Maybe you logged into Nikoys Account before or at the same time on the same PC?
Jay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

michimike wrote:
And why excactly Nikoy? Was there any other "connection" to him, which you don't tell us? Maybe you logged into Nikoys Account before or at the same time on the same PC?
Oh yer because thats realistic! I believe Nikoy is from Austria. And we here in England don't know many German words for the password!
michimike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not believe that Nikoy is from Austria! Why do you assume him beeing from the same country as me?
Nikoy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 03:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not from Austria, I have passed many times through, though. I come from Bulgaria, read the forum "Where you are coming from".
But I have never been anywhere in the UK, neither GinDragon have been in Germany recently I believe, so there is no chance for us to use the same computer. Well, my pass was too easy to guess, I admit, but now I made it a bit more difficult! Twisted Evil

Edit: Typos!
Giner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 03:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there is no way i would risk attempting to take control of someone elses account and attempting to take the account of an ally is plain stupid. Also it was not me that did the bug it was "tink".
Maelstroem
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 09:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was an evil one and GinDragon was completely right, even if I could not believe it at first.
A switch-back to a former "replacer" was possible, if the active replacement was cancelled while the replacement session was active AND a former replacement had been active (and has not been cancelled at that time).

To sum things up: problem fixed now, thanks for the report, I was simply not thinking of the possibilty of a temporary replacement being cancelled while it took place (it is forbidden to cancel it as the "replacer" while in replacement mode, but the original person of course could cancel it and had to exactly do that while the "replacer" was active in replacement mode... urgh!).

Bye,
Maelstroem
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kosmor Forum Index -> Bug-Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: