Kosmor Forum Index
 Search Imprint      SearchSearch     Log inLog in 
 Search Legal      MemberlistMemberlist     ProfileProfile   

Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angron

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:40    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

is it better to build all your fleet in stock then actually build them or just build the ships as soon as you get the parts?
alphabravo
Major

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

that depends on if you want to surprise your enemies by building it all at once, so they werent expecting you to have it - in which case, building the components in stock is a good idea (except that you'll lose 25% if you get integrated by WP)
otherwise, i'd favour building as you get enough components for complete ships

the other advantage to the first, is that if you need, say, 70kCP, and 65k would be useless - then you arent paying the upkeep for the first 65k for the few weeks it might take you to get 2 levi parts

but again - building ships isnt instant either
Angron

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have been building as i get but as i came up to 90k cp i just hit a wall with my money and i had to up my taxes an lower my factories, so im woundering if i should build all the parts for my next 10kcp then lower my factories and build the ships? any advice?
Agnar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldnt post your fleet values arcane.

Once you hit the "wall", stockpiling parts for more ships certainly does make sense.
Angron

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

do not worry, i did not Smile those are random values that i use all the time. and thanks for the advice there two.
Tikonda

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 07:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

my opinion to this task is, that you should build up your fleet step by step unless you don't want to do a surprise action. the important point is, that you need time to built up your fleet and even if you install 20 systems with the necessary shipyards, send all components to this systems in advance and then produce with all shipyards simultaneously, you need 5 days for H10s and 6 for H11s. sometimes, this is too much time which can break your neck.

and, consider also, that there are enough possiblities to spy out your production capabilities, movements and stocks. so i think, it is more useful to have a ready and prepared fleet which is ready for action. in case of necessity, the money you spare is useless against the capacity of the ships you need to defend yourself (and you stocks and credits). even the existence of a huge fleet prevents aggression. so you might not need you fleet simply because she exists.

btw: it's always useful to have components for building further ships ready, even if you hit your financial limit. keep in mind: stocks and credits are use- and worthless if you cannot defend them. after a battle you always should be prepared to built up your fleet as quick as possible.
Angron

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have built in stages so im doing ok so far, i have large amounts of smaller ships in stock which i can not seem to sell. i nowmarion can stop anyone who even wants to attack me but like most people i do not like to sit here and not help. if i am to be defended by someone else then i at least owe them the courtisy to have a decent fleet to add to the whole houses defence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kosmor Forum Index -> Kosmor Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: